What's new
What's new

VQC-30/50B spindle out of line with magazine for tool change

Finkerson

Plastic
Hey, having some problems with the tool changer on an old mazak mill. It’s a VQC-30/50B from the mid 80’s, I believe. Mazatrol cam M-2 controls on it.
So, A countersink got stuck in a hole, the spindle stopped spinning, and the belts kept spinning. That caused the belts to basically burn off the spindle drive. It got fixed, but now the tool doesn’t always line up with the magazine correctly for a tool change. Is there a parameter that can be adjusted, or is it some kind of timing that’s out of alignment? It’s only off slightly, but enough to cause problems, unfortunately. The guy who “fixed” it (someone somebody knew), kinda did it as a favor and admittedly doesn’t know anything about mazaks, so no work guarantees or anything like that. Everything else runs fine, but the tool changer is not reliable enough to leave alone. Does it need to come apart again, or is there a way to alter the spindle orientation in the parameters or something?
Any info is appreciated!

it seems there are parameters for how far into and how far down the spindle goes. there may also be a "tool change prox" on the one axis, but its been 15 years and i just dont remember for sure
you can tweek the drum around with some jack screws to make things straight with each other
i do not know parameters but someone here should

spindle orientation on an FRSE mits drive is a couple (3- fine, medium, coarse) dip switches on top board
maybe

Back