What's new
What's new

VQC20/50B-M2- Base unit Cap Blew- replaced now not getting correct monitor voltage

sophtayl

Cast Iron
Hi guys,

looking for some knowledge.

One of the big blue Caps let go the other day (3200 uF) so I replaced both of them with 2 new units (3300uF). Everything meters out ok except for the Ch42 Converter monitor voltage. I have 295V at the Caps/ Diode stack and into the SEI01 board. This should translate to 7.4V-7.5V at ch42 (to match CH43) but I've got 6.2V with the trim pot all the way up.

I'm not sure why the Cap let go, possibly age but may be this also has something to do with it?

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Any suggestions on where to go next to test the monitor circuit and how the 295V gets conditioned?

thanks

Mick

Have you found the service manual online for the FR-SE yet?

The DK hybrids can go bad (and related diodes, resistors, etc.), base transistor(s)...

You need accurate voltages from the power supply pins into the SE-IO1. Make sure all are making good contact.

Replace all capacitors, if it hasn't been done....it's cheap to do.

ToolCat

Have you found the service manual online for the FR-SE yet?

The DK hybrids can go bad (and related diodes, resistors, etc.), base transistor(s)...

You need accurate voltages from the power supply pins into the SE-IO1. Make sure all are making good contact.

Replace all capacitors, if it hasn't been done....it's cheap to do.

ToolCat
Yes these all tested ok. I also have spare new replacements for the dks but the wave forms are good. Caps were all changed 12 months ago also

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quick update.
I managed to get the machine going by fixing my old sei01 board. (Been on the to do list but needed to chase a couple of shottky diodes and transistors that I borrowed from faulty board.) Will have a further interrogation of the faulty board once I replace some components I had to borrow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back