What's new
What's new

What are the symptoms of lost Parameters with a T Plus control

_EMF_

Plastic
I'm just trying to find a starting point with this qt 20. It sat with no power for at least 6- 8 months. It had issues before I bought it. I honestly bought it for parts for my other QT 20. However the guy I bought it from said it ran, it just had an issue with a board.I figured I might as well see if I can get it to work. I'm curious what the symptoms are of a dead battery or lost parameters, so I can start trouble shooting this. I just need a place to start. When I power it up all I get is the home screen. It stops there and goes no further. does this sound like lost parameters due to a dead backup battery? also I've searched and read there are two batteries. Is that true for the T-plus? This is a 1996 qt 20 and I can only find the one back up battery.

Thanks for any and all info.

so you should still be able to get to the parameter page. It wouldn't stop at the screen that pops up when you first turn it on? as well your control panel would still work? I think it has a bad card in the NC and I just wanted to make sure it didn't also now have a dead battery. Out of the 17 years with my QT28 and T32 control I've never experienced a bad battery or lost parameters. Even with the other QT20 and 30. Bad boards and drives lots.

The power supply module for the cnc unit could be bad --- they are a common failure point.

Also, the main "motherboard" for the cnc is the QX141, and tiny capacitors on it can go bad.

The cnc power supply has to work before anything control-wise can work.

Also check the machine's 24-volt power supply, that powers the relays and such.

Once you verify/change all these, and the control comes up (hopefully), you will have to re-initialize the control.

ToolCat

I've been busy and this got put on the back burner. It looks like the QX141 card was changed prior to it showing up here. I'm going to change the battery just because. I'm also going to send the QX141 card out to be checked. Before I do that I'll check the 24 volt power supply and I'll check the power module as well.

Thanks everyone.

Back