What's new
What's new

Why are parts changing dimensions?

cgmaster

Cast Iron
:angry::cryin::crazy:

For some reason my parts coming off of my machine are changing dimensions while in auto mode running the same program.
I have not changed anything in the program. one part comes out fine then the next is off in x and z dimensions. for instance one part came out correct .615 dia and all the features in z correct the next part was .04 larger in dia and groves were off in z direction. I shut off the machine came back and it cut one part correctly but the second part was off by a different amount. This is a small production run and no changes are being made to the program.

I am not sure if it matters but this machine has scale feedback.

I have no explanation. This is on a Integrex 200sy 640mt control that is driving me crazy. I had the control replaced and it took months to get it back up and running however nothing operates as it did before. I have had other weird problems such as soft keys missing at certain times, machine shut down and restart on its own, random tool indexing problems and some of my options do notwork any more.

disable scale, run it from Encoder mounted on servo motor shaft, SV017 must have a setting to disable dual feedback control. then SV025 and params RNG1 and RNG2 must be changed. Best way is to ask someone parameters from similar Integrex without scale specification. It might happens that scale feedback jumps when machine homes axis. But then, if there is such a problem, and ATC still changes tools without a problem, then positions must be ok. I would power cycle machine, home it, teach a tool in X dimension, then run..once problem is back, try to teach the same tool again in X dimension, to see if it is the same number.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 38
You need to get MAZAK in to fix the machine properly before you have a much bigger problem like someone getting killed. How can you trust a machine tool that is doing random tool indexes and starting up on it's own. Shut it down and have it fixed properly for your own piece of mind. I understand it costs money but it will be worth it to have the machine back and running properly.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Back