What's new
What's new

Will Mazak Tplus control with no EIA option understand Gcode?

IronReb

Stainless
Our company was bought out by another larger shop from out of state.
They use MasterCam software to program there HAAS lathes in Gcode of course.

First thing I was asked was if our 1995 Mazak with Tplus control accept their programs. My machine does not support EIA Gcode that I am aware of.
When creating a program I only have the Mazatrol option.

I ASSumed the answer is no, but in actuality I of course have no idea.

So, assuming I had the means through the serial port to upload a program, will the Tplus control understand Gcode format?

I suppose they could send me programs posted in Mazatrol speak with Mastercam instead?

I thought that all Plus controls had EIA as standard...

Weather it does or not.. And you are the one that has to use the machine..

I'd tell them it doesn't accept G-code. Probably take longer to upload a program than
it would take to Mazatrol it anyways.

I suppose they could send me programs posted in Mazatrol speak with Mastercam instead?

That's not happening, MasterCam doesnt post Mazatrol.
No EIA option on your machine = no reading Fanuc style programs (G-code) you will get an error thats all.

Hope this helps.

I thought that all Plus controls had EIA as standard...

Weather it does or not.. And you are the one that has to use the machine..

I'd tell them it doesn't accept G-code. Probably take longer to upload a program than
it would take to Mazatrol it anyways.

As I am getting more used to the Mazatrol, your probably right. It was scary as hell at first but I am getting much more use to it. They have 8 full time programmers, suppose I will let them deal with it.

I am not 100% sure it doesn't understand Gcode.
It doesn't give me the option when creating a new program but when a friend was showing me the basics, we did input some Gcode, be damned if I remember how to access it now though.

Back