Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, definitely REDUCE the spindle acceleration parameters on the T-2, which are controlled by a set of DIP switches on the spindle drive itself. Like ToolCat and Wippin Boy said, it makes a world of difference in the longevity of the spindle drive and also uses way less electricity.

2. Likes Laurentian, cnctoolcat liked this post
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wippin' boy View Post
    you can tell it means something by watching the load meters. a .3 start pegs red for more than 2 seconds.
    red is bad
    Red is not allways bad, the load scale is defined that you can load spindle/axis 100% for 30 min without overheat anything so 200% load is not an overload if it is for a short time.
    capacitors and batteries is the only components that is aging even if they are not used, other components will keep working if the environment around them is clean, dry and cool so it is very important to make sure all fans are working and keep the cabinet closed.
    Ps. I have repaired 2 spindle drives by just replacing the capacitors so replacing all capacitor is good idea even on a working drive that is 30 years old but ask for high quality because todays capacitors are not build to work for 30 years.

4. Likes Laurentian liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

=) Americans must try to used their brain more often )))) Otherwise Donald wouldn't be sitting in the office, asking for more money to build Mexican wall, clowns ))) Have a nice day, men

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Would you buy a T-2 machine (T32 vs T2)

For the turret hydraulic flow control valves on my Mazak’s, I use the Parker F series.

Depending on what size threads you have, the part number will vary.

For 3/8-18 NPT threads, the Parker valve I use is F600S. (MSC p/n 09635327)

You will also need a 3/8” pipe nipple to complete the install.

My Kentucky-built Mazak’s have standard imperial thread sizes on the hydraulics I think..?

If your machine has metric pipe threads, imperial sizes still work, just use plenty of Teflon tape, and torque it really good.

(Make sure to always keep the tape out of the fluid path inside of the pipe and fittings — you don’t want pieces of the tape passing through your hydraulic system!)

Here’s a pic:

It is so cool to be able to control the turret rotate and clamp speed.Would you buy a T-2 machine (T32 vs T2)

And, you don't want to be buying a $6,000+ turret motor because your original is shot, due to a few decades of excessive speed....

ToolCat
    Last edited by cnctoolcat; 04-25-2019 at 04:46 PM.

7. Likes Laurentian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Right on Greg thanks man ! Will start looking into it this weekend. As for the spindle drive settings I'll bounce it of the tech when he comes in next visit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I put a spin on filter up there too to make sure nothing got into that shot pin and the directional valves