What's new
What's new

Added a Trav A Dial to my Craftsman 101.27430 12" x 24" lathe

ksierens

Plastic
Added a Trav A Dial to my 12" x 24" lathe

Just finished adding a Trav (A) Dial to my Craftsman 12"x 24" lathe, and thought I would share some pictures in case anyone else was thinking about doing this. I was very lucky to get this one at a great price, wish I could afford to put them on all my machines. Love keeping my toys old school, without DRO's, since I do not make a living with them.

td1.png

td2.png

td3.png

td4.png

td5.png

td6.png

The mention of Craftsman will get your thread locked. Read the posing rules. Edit the title using edit, then advanced to allow editing the title. Change it to "adding a travidial to my lathe".

In actuality, this is better posted in one of the hobby forums.

Tom

I was given 2 Trav A Dials ,now on my 12&18" lathes .Nice job making the mount. But you mentioned the banned A word so thread will be locked.

I think the point is that these are a good match. The Craftsman lathe shaped object and the "appears to be a measuring device" travadial are the perfect combination.

I think the point is that these are a good match. The Craftsman lathe shaped object and the "appears to be a measuring device" travadial are the perfect combination.

I'm wondering what your personal experience with Trav-a-dials is and why you don't like them. I'm certainly not trying to argue with you, it's probably just a matter of personal preference, but I've always loved them. They do require proper calibration at set-up and regular attention, but I've found when properly cared for they are supper accurate and simple to use. A good DRO is probably a bit better for accuracy, but I much prefer the analog dial over flashing numbers when approaching a shoulder. For that reason, I've never liked a DRO on a lathe.

Back