What's new
What's new

Andy's Hobby Shop

Hobby Shop

Stainless
Hi all, I'm a die maker by trade and I've wanted my own shop for a while now. I have a bunch of 40-50yr old tractors I enjoy working on. So, I needed the equipment to support them. It's taken me a couple of years to collect the machines and all the tooling. I have a 16" G&E toolroom shaper I'm picking up at the end of this month and then I'm done. I had a budget of $10k and I've only blown it by a few hundred. I try to buy quality and cheap where I can. Just like everything else I buy, everyone of my machines needs or needed some cleaning or adjusting. I have about half the machines finished and working like they should. It will be at least a few more years before I can strip/repaint all of them and restore them to the prior glory. I'll be breaking ground on a new house and barn hopefully by the end of summer. Here's a few pictures of the building I'm working out of right now. I'll add more pictures as I get settled in. My first order of business is to bore/rebuild an engine in my old Ford 4400.

Can anyone help? I have no idea how to add pictures since the site change. I used to push "Go Advanced" pick the pic., upload and done. Now there's no option for that.

Easyist I have found is to use photobucket, then copy the direct link and paste into the add pic via url.

Should look something like this before you post, with [ ] on the ends, but with your pic link in it.
IMG]http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz317/JPMach/Work/DSCN1104_zpsfbvsltjz.jpg[/IMG

And then as soon as your photobucket account changes we loose all your photos.

The go advanced option is still there, works just as it did before for me.

Go advanced, select manage attachments, upload from my folder where I keep my pictures and post.

I always resize my photos before I upload them, I just use the smallest size (640x480) and they work fine.

example:

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN2420 (Small).JPG
    DSCN2420 (Small).JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 860
That was the way I always uploaded pictures and it was the easiest for me. I updated my iPhone to V8.3 a few days ago and now it doesn't work. I can't even look at the thumbnail attachment you linked.

And then as soon as your photobucket account changes we loose all your photos.

The go advanced option is still there, works just as it did before for me.

Go advanced, select manage attachments, upload from my folder where I keep my pictures and post.

I always resize my photos before I upload them, I just use the smallest size (640x480) and they work fine.

example:

Charles

That was the way I always uploaded pictures and it was the easiest for me. I updated my iPhone to V8.3 a few days ago and now it doesn't work. I can't even look at the thumbnail attachment you linked.

Well that sucks...but then I am still using a desktop and I dont even have one of the newer phones so I am afraid my ability to help you is going to be none at all. :)

I am sure you will sort it out soon enough.

Charles

Looking forward to the shop pictures and it would be nice to see the tractors and what you are doing on them as well.

Thanks guys. I used photobucket to upload the pictures. It didn't take to long to figure it all out. I'll get some more pictures up when I get the engine block on the mill for boring.

The machines are: Parker & Majestic ID grinder, Harig surface grinder, Moore jig bore, K&T horizontal mill, Comet BP, ATW 16" x 30" Pacemaker, ATW 36" Hole Wizard, power hacksaw, small OD grinder, KO Lee cutter grinder, Clark fork truck to move it all and a G&E shaper on its way.

That is an interesting wall.
What is it?

Cinder block sure is nice! (in the summer)

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I haven't had much to update the last couple years until now. A few months ago I bought a 50acre farm and moved everything last week. I'll NEVER move again and I can't believe how much crap I have collected :nutter:
I've added a couple more machines and got rid of a few.

Menards told me when I ordered on Sept. 17th, 10 days or less I'd have all my metal barn siding. I called on day 9, they told me it was on the truck and will be there In the morning. I tore off all the old siding and here I am, 3 weeks later still waiting on material with all my machines covered under tarps in an open barn. Some are in a shipping container that was on the property.

I picked the best of the 2 buildings for the new shop, 25'x40' with a 10' ceiling. I put a 6" slab with 1/2" rebar in a 12"-14" grid and double 5/8" at the 10' door. I bought all the rebar from a scrap scrap dealer in Detroit for $400. I didn't fussy putting it down and hardly cut anything because some pieces were bent. It took a few days to get it all down. I watered down the cement a few times a day for the first 2 weeks and let it cure for a full month before I put anything on it. I know it will eventually crack but hopefully all the rebar will help. Right now I have about 40k lbs of old iron & forklift concentrated in the center and so far so good.

The power Co. is running 400amps sometime in the next couple of weeks. The old farm only has a 100amp service and everything is hack. I can't believe this place hasn't burned to the ground yet. I'll post some for the safety police.

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_6309.jpg
    IMG_6309.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_6362.jpg
    IMG_6362.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_6442.jpg
    IMG_6442.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_6425.jpg