Andy's Hobby Shop - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by isaac338 View Post
    That picture of the dual lift with the loader and forklift, with the loader's tires nearly flat, is absolutely terrifying. Good work!

The biggest issue with that is that he doesn't have a "load leveler" bucket on that, and curling it back on the way down would be a lesson in patients.

Hopefully all he had to doo was scoot it up onto the forks of the forktruck?

I'm guessin' that he got it down fine, or he wouldn't'a posted the pic for us to fret over.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by isaac338 View Post
    That picture of the dual lift with the loader and forklift, with the loader's tires nearly flat, is absolutely terrifying. Good work!
    Believe me, I didn't want to unload it this way either. Tires on the backhoe were at 70psi. I wasn't about to rent another forklift for $500 to unload a $900 machine. I took my time and let it hang for 10 min. above the trailer before I moved anything. I did it by myself in case it went over I'd have nobody else to blame.

3. Likes Ox, Philabuster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    The biggest issue with that is that he doesn't have a "load leveler" bucket on that, and curling it back on the way down would be a lesson in patients.

Hopefully all he had to doo was scoot it up onto the forks of the forktruck?

I'm guessin' that he got it down fine, or he wouldn't'a posted the pic for us to fret over.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    If there were any, I would've showed the bad pictures too. This old Ford 4500 has a load leveling bucket but I didn't use it.... it was to jumpy. This machine was all this old Backhoe wanted and some. Once I got it to the ground O'l Clark scooped it right up. The forklift is only rated for 5500lbs but it picked K&T 3CH up at 8k without any issues.

Andy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_6444.jpg  

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Nova Scotia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shop View Post
    If there were any, I would've showed the bad pictures too. This old Ford 4500 has a load leveling bucket but I didn't use it.... it was to jumpy. This machine was all this old Backhoe wanted and some. Once I got it to the ground O'l Clark scooped it right up. The forklift is only rated for 5500lbs but it picked K&T 3CH up at 8k without any issues.

Andy
    Hey man, no need to justify it to me - if it works it works!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are so many things wrong with that picture. That being said, own house, own stuff no employees so no osha. I love it.

7. Likes Hobby Shop, Mstcnc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I canít believe itís been a year already. Iíve been pecking away at the shop when the time permits. I passed all my major electrical inspections this afternoon on the first go around. The only thing left is to make labels for all the panels and Iím finished.

Iíve waited months on the power Coís rough inspections and to pull the wire from the pole, to the new 320 amp. meter stand. They told me new service and outages take priority over upgrades.

Thereís no way in hell I wouldíve been able to wire this building without the help from my buddy and the guys on PM. Iíve learned more than I couldíve imagined, Thanks everyone.

Iím running a 20hp RPC on a 100amp breaker. My 11Ē (15hp) Blanchard is running at full speed in less than a second. The hardest starting machine is the 7.5hp K&T 3CH. With the HD vertical head on and set at 1200rpm, It takes just under 4 seconds to get to full speed. The P&W and Pacemaker lathes both have 7.5hp motors and start the spindles almost instantly at any speed. Iíll post some pictures of everything in the next few days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4c610da2-c109-4790-8934-b12797d82a2b.jpg   a16505c8-1398-478a-873f-1f8005edc6fd.jpg   ea6e58f3-50ef-4d3a-8500-3fd3891813b9.jpg  

9. Likes Ohio Mike, Ox, wheelieking71, yardbird liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shop View Post
    I can’t believe it’s been a year already. I’ve been pecking away at the shop when the time permits. I passed all my major electrical inspections this afternoon on the first go around. The only thing left is to make labels for all the panels and I’m finished.

I’ve waited months on the power Co’s rough inspections and to pull the wire from the pole, to the new 320 amp. meter stand. They told me new service and outages take priority over upgrades.

There’s no way in hell I would’ve been able to wire this building without the help from my buddy and the guys on PM. I’ve learned more than I could’ve imagined, Thanks everyone.

I’m running a 20hp RPC on a 100amp breaker. My 11” (15hp) Blanchard is running at full speed in less than a second. The hardest starting machine is the 7.5hp K&T 3CH. With the HD vertical head on and set at 1200rpm, It takes just under 4 seconds to get to full speed. The P&W and Pacemaker lathes both have 7.5hp motors and start the spindles almost instantly at any speed. I’ll post some pictures of everything in the next few days.
    Good on yah! 27 KVA Delta --> Wye transformer inbound, week or so, we'll see if I can spin-up each of the three 7 HP units here off a 10 HP idler RPC or either 10 HP Phase-Perfect "well enough".

"Supplementary idler" for starting, only, is already "in the plan" if not.

You might give that a think for getting that K&T up "on plane".

Fire-up (at least) one of the lathes first, unloaded. See if that 4 seconds doesn't improve when you start the K&T while it/they are running.