Page 257 of 257 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257
Results 5,121 to 5,128 of 5128

Thread: B&A Precision

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    Thanks,

That reading was on the 1ph line side with the old fried caps right?
    Did you guys recheck it after putting brand new caps in to see if that changed?
    Yea, it was a nice smooth sine wave.

2. Likes SND liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So, I guess the last shop update was the major heat makers are outside.
    And, I was hoping it would lighten the load on the A/C, enabling me to maybe get another season out of it.
    No such luck! It has been un-seasonably mild here. But, I did start flipping the A/C on about noon a couple weeks ago.
    It would get up close to 90 in the shop. Warm enough for A/C. That lasted about a week. And, the compressor froze up tight. The thing wasn't worth fixing (over 20 years old).
    So, I guess I get to have a NMD of sorts:

20190507_135220.jpg

It doesn't fit the stand the same way the old one did. Looks kinda hokey. Don't care. Works a treat!
    The old one was 4-ton/6-seer. This one is 5-ton/16-seer.
    That is as big as I could go. Both because of the electrical service, and the existing duct-work.
    I couldn't afford to make the changes necessary to go bigger. I couldn't afford THIS! But, no way I am going all summer. Let alone asking Joe to.
    Even still they had to add 4 registers, and increase the return-air filter from 20x30 to 20x50.
    So, I have more debt to worry about now. Yay!
    At least it is wonderfully comfortable in here. It hit 98' today. And, the shop stayed under 80' with three CNCs going.

4. Likes DrHook, cnctoolcat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Still slow as hell. I took a break from beating doors down because I was getting seriously discouraged and burnt out on it (still am).
    But, I have been hustling to try and bring some new stuff in again. With absolutely zero luck! Not sure what gives?
    5.5 years straight of way more work than I could handle. Now, dry as a bone.
    I took on a small production lathe job from the guy I used to get some overflow from way back in the beginning (that I bought the T30 compressor from).
    Fussy little parts from hardened 17-4. A couple thousand of them. Doesn't pay shit. But, I'll take what I can get.

20190503_202658.jpg

Pulling bar, 50 per stick. +/-.0005 on the ID and both OD's (those pins are deltronics). +/-.001 on thickness.
    And, +/-.005 on chamfers (I can't even check the OD chamfer! LOL)

Ran it lights out a few times. Only one stick three times. Once I actually came out and put a second stick in.

20190503_202959.jpg

Happily nothing stupid ever happened. I am creeping along so the process is reliable. I loose one or two parts every time I turn an insert.
    Otherwise, it just keeps running. I don't have to chase it around too much now that I have it figured out.

6. Likes SND, Philabuster, DrHook, solidworkscadman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I did finally get turned loose on limited production on the parts the Brother exists because of.
    I will be able to cover current monthly demands in about a weeks time. Not ideal. But, still good news!
    I also received the next 12,000pcs of material from Hydro/Sappa.

20190514_184337.jpg

20190514_184301.jpg

After the whole ransomware debacle, I wasn't sure what to expect there. This was ordered in Jan.
    The delivery driver did tell me I was one of her first deliveries since they were shut down.
    Anyways, at current demands, this could finish the year out. Praying for some new stuff to find me. 2019 has been a disaster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keep yer chin up, I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

9. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That new AC will probably pay for itself just on the electricity efficiency savings vs the old one.
    Hopefully work keeps picking up on your end. Things were starting to slow down here but looks like a bit more is coming.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keep busting doors B&A PrecisionB&A Precision glad you get some jobs in

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We're all pullin' for ya Bill..................keep on keepin' on..........................