Login to Your Account
Page 260 of 262 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262 LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 5227

Thread: B&A Precision

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lakey0 View Post
    What is your IG handle? I can't figure it out....
    banda_precision

2. Likes lakey0 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That’s really good Bill. Glad to hear. It’s funny, from a job shop perspective things were crawling for a few months. Last couple months it explodes, then dries up, then lets loose again. Weird how that works. I’ll have to check you out on Instagram, there’s a lot to learn there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    banda_precision
    I'll bite, what is banda_precision?

Tom

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TDegenhart View Post

Tom
    Tom,

It's Wheelies Instagram account name, has more pictures of what he's up to lately. I stumbled across it in the #instamachinist posts after having read this thread, took a second to figure out Bill didn't only live inside the PM forum...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tom
    B&A Precision spelled out (Wheelie's company name)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tom
    Just like my email, when Go-daddy wouldn't let me use an ampersand or caps in my email address.
    The "&" has to be spelled out. Hence banda. Same shit on instagram.
    You would not believe the confusion this has created for me in 6.5 years. I cringe when I have to give me email out.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just wanted to say thank you for documenting all this. I've spent the last week (since I left my day job) off and on getting my shop tuned up, quality stuff squared away, and reading this thread to decide if I'm going to try to do this full time or if I have to get another job.

I can only sell so many sets of billet Oldsmobile valve covers and cam sensors LOL need to find some real work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Boy - didn't see THAT commin'!

And for Mr. King, as he was fussin' aboot FGL on Facebook some time back, you can borrow my local station until you find better on your own.

https://streamdb9web.securenetsystems.net/v5/WFGAFM

I don't know FGL, But I know Kings George, Merl, and Wynona.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Last edited by Ox; 09-19-2019 at 09:25 PM. Reason: barrow prolly spelled with an "o' in stead as it's not swine related?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    Boy - didn't see THAT commin'!

And for Mr. King, as he was fussin' aboot FGL on Facebook some time back, you can barrow my local station until you find better on your own.

https://streamdb9web.securenetsystems.net/v5/WFGAFM

I don't know FGL, But I know Kings George, Merl, and Wynona.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    LOL, you saw that. You have good taste in music Ox. Although, I like a lot of stuff that would probably make you cringe.
    I have very broad music taste.

11. Likes Ox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Truth is that I was surprised to hear a dislike for Florida Georgia Line.
    I don't know that I have ever heard any of their stuff (too old skewl to listen to new shtuff) but I absolutely LOVE anything that I know from that area.
    (35-50 yrs ago)

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube (I have a chum that would pass for Danny Joe Brown for sure!)

And of course that band From Jacksonville.
    You may recognize the tune?
    YouTube

Shirley you got at least one copy of this eh?

OK, well - neither doo I.
    I bought ONE K-Tel album - back in '74/'75 and I wouldn't waste my $ there ever aggin!

-------------------------------

Another one for Eddie
    Ox

13. Likes DrHook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, that is all fantastic stuff you just posted.
    But, trust me FGL is nothing like any of it. They have one song (I think) that is actually tolerable. I couldn't tell you what it is though.
    Allison and I were cruising down the road in my truck one day, and she caught me bobbing my head. She says: "you know who this is right?" you can figger the rest, LOL
    But, I will go out of my way to NOT listen them 99% of the time. It is that bad.

Lately I have discovered a few blues artists I really like. Samantha Fish, and, Seasick Steve are the two I visit the most.
    And, I am a metal head at heart. I love old outlaw Country. But, you will hear heavy stuff played predominantly if you visit the shop.
    Like I said, broad taste in music. Albeit, also very selective, and opinionated.

15. Likes Ox, DrHook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seasick Steve ... Is that the guy that has that song about "I started life with nothin' and I gots most of it left." ???

I don't bang my head anymore, although I did like Quiet Riot a bit...

Actually - a skewl chum could draw a Molly Hatchet album cover and look amazing too!
    A new cover that is, not copy one.

---------------

I could use a drink!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seasick Steve ... Is that the guy that has that song about "I started life with nothin' and I gots most of it left." ???
    Ox
    Yessir:

One of my favorites:

What that man can do with one dumb string is just
    The fact that John Paul Jones came out of retirement to play with him and Dan says all that needs said.

But, if you step in the shop randomly, chances are you will hear Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Pantera, Slayer, Van Halen, Metallica, Godsmack, Otep, TooL, etc.
    Then all of a sudden! C.W. McCall! LOL, and its all good..........

18. Likes DrHook, Ox, Philabuster, Garwood liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Check out Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band if you're into guys doing crazy stuff on cigar box guitars. Super basic call and response bluesy zydeco punk... I guess? More fun in concert than as background noise for sure.

At the old day job we had this thing on Fridays where I stuck a Pandora station on, and there was no complaining about what was on there allowed, only suggesting additions. It ended up with Hank III, Johnny Cash, Hot Water Music (Chuck Ragan), Frank Turner, Gaslight Anthem (Brian Fallon), Flogging Molly, Against Me!, all sorts of random stuff. But the shop guys were into it... one of the principles was not, and after we had been doing it for some time he came in and said "we don't have radios in the shop." Philosophical differences indeed...

That said, I don't usually have music on in the home shop but I've got like three PA systems around here from my days in bands and doing live sound engineering. I should set something up on bluetooth from the house so I can just throw a station on in my office and head outside.

Then I can call our Pandora account a work expense!

EDIT: I have been meaning to ask - are you manually measuring voltages off your PP or did you set up a meter? I was looking at the cheap meters on eBay that I could mount on the front panel of my PT-380 but would be interested in getting feedback from an expert (like your neighbor - I need one of those guys!)
    Last edited by Rick Finsta; 09-20-2019 at 07:29 AM. Reason: ETA

20. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a digital meter hooked between two of the lines on the one machine that we had hooked up to the gen set - that went hay-wire and threw 600V (onto the 480 system - after the X).
    That line is now on a small P/P, but the meter is still there on the machine control.
    IDK where it came from. My EE hooked it up.

------------------------

I stumbled onto this one night. I LOVE IT!
    Best if listened to late on a rainy November night IMO.
    I had never heard anything from him 'cept from the 60's and early 70's, but this is good stuff!
    I ended up buying the DVD, but apparently it doesn't have just an audio track that I can play or rip into my shop tune putor. (?)
    (I have a chum that would pass for this guy too. (at this stage in his life anyway)

Tony Joe White
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I stumbled onto this one night. I LOVE IT!
    Best if listened to late on a rainy November night IMO.
    I had never heard anything from him 'cept from the 60's and early 70's, but this is good stuff!
    I ended up buying the DVD, but apparently it doesn't have just an audio track that I can play or rip into my shop tune putor. (?)
    (I have a chum that would pass for this guy too. (at this stage in his life anyway)

Tony Joe White
    Ox
    Ohh yea! Thats good stuff! I think David n posted one from him on a Friday once?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Finsta View Post
    EDIT: I have been meaning to ask - are you manually measuring voltages off your PP or did you set up a meter? I was looking at the cheap meters on eBay that I could mount on the front panel of my PT-380 but would be interested in getting feedback from an expert (like your neighbor - I need one of those guys!)
    I check a couple times a week manually with a DVM (need to get an analog meter).
    My voltages are staying put pretty well right now. But, if the PP is on, there is a bad 60hz humm on the mains. Pisses me off!
    Neighbor is going to throw a scope on it this weekend for me to see what is really going on.

24. Likes Philabuster, SND liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gotcha. I am thinking of getting the upgraded caps from PT as a precaution since this is likely going to be my livelihood now. My oscilloscope just died on me - gotta see if it is just a firmware issue or something that I can recover or if I need to buy another. Once you've used a scope for diagnosis and repair it is hard to go without!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ohh yea! Thats good stuff! I think David n posted one from him on a Friday once?
    Nope............never heard of Tony Joe...............these guys have been on my play list lately:

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I check a couple times a week manually with a DVM (need to get an analog meter).
    My voltages are staying put pretty well right now. But, if the PP is on, there is a bad 60hz humm on the mains. Pisses me off!
    Neighbor is going to throw a scope on it this weekend for me to see what is really going on.

It's probably the same slight IGBT buzz that still makes it out onto the mains after the filtering, supposed to be around 5khz on the white units.
    I bought a line reactor a couple months ago to put ahead of my 20hp PP to see if it'll knock some of it down but haven't gotten to that yet.
    It's not supposed to be harmful so long as the filter caps are fine, but it is annoying to hear it on the few things it bothers. Mainly microwaves and induction cooktop here don't like that noise.
    Last I talked with someone at PP not long ago they were soon coming with a new design version, easier to replace caps and so on, and perhaps more filtering but we'll see. I hope to keep my current set up going for a few more years before dumping more $ into that.

As to the music I've been getting more into the southern country/rock stuff lately. Whiskey Myers, Blackberry Smoke, The Steelwoods, Chris Stapleton(the Jompson Brothers album mainly). Lost of great songs in there.