What's new
What's new

Home away from home

David M

Aluminum
Yes I know, it's a woodworking shop, but they say variety is good, right? Maybe someone can find an idea or two in here. I built the house (to the left of the shop, but not in the picture) and shop at the same time, so it,s all on one mortgage. I also heat the shop with wood, which is free or the hauling around here, so my overhead is very low. It is 1500 sq ft with a 9 ft ceiling which is enough headroom for me and also heats very well. The small office is nice for keeping some things clean and the bathroom is really nice, especially in the winter. For new construction, stuff all the insulation in that you can, and install at least twice as many electrical outlets as you think you will need.
Now I am going to try some pictures, wish me luck.
Nice forum, thanks for the space.
IMG_0392.jpg
IMG_0393jpg
IMG_0394jpg
IMG_0395jpg
IMG_0396jpg
IMG_0397jpg
IMG_0398jpg
IMG_0399jpg

Very nice shop! And excellent work. I am curious as to the step pulley(s)on your Walker Turner drill press. Is that a shop built speed reducer upside down? I also own a WT but with the power down feed option.

Thanks. The tag on the speed reducer says "Boyd Built" Boyb Machine Inc Royal Oak MI. I have no idea how old it is, I restored an old Chris Craft last year for a guy that owns a machine shop, and he gave me the drill press. The business has been in his family for several generations so the drill press has been around for a long time. Very nice machine though.

Steel Cutter, nice eye. Old boats and cars are nice to look at but not the only forms I appreciate.

It's a Deckel KF3S, I am using it to duplicate the body parts on the car( 47 Ford Sportsman).For more pictures go to deckel section of forum under KF3S Parts.

LL The black pipe is the flu pipe, the other is warm air, it goes through the ceiling and the ductwork is in the attic.

Steel Cutter Just how far off topic is it acceptable to stray? Maybe if I hang some tools around it?

Back