What's new
What's new

JBC small hobby shop!

Jbcrd

Aluminum
This is my hobby shop, it's at this place my wife found me all the time!!

Haas mini
Emco compact 5 cnc
Tig welder
Tube bender
Band saw
And all necessary tool for a home shop!

I'm in the process for a Haas ST-10, i have look for a TL-1 but i'm in wheelchair and the spindle of a tl-1 too hight for me and i dont see very Well the tool tip on the part. With the st-10 is very easy for me to see and it's more accessible, too the control is less height.

Excuse for my bad english!

Joce

Comment are welcome!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,361
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,336
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,303
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,227
Continue...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 755
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 785
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 757
Thank all!

Finally i have bought today a new TL-1, it will be here mid october! My decision for the tl is because i'm limited in the power available for a st-10 in my 100amps sub panel:(. But i think the tl-1 will be more versatil machine for my use. I will pût the tl directly on 4 big washer, not the feet who come with the machine. Making this will put the tl 2 inch lower.

When the machine sit here, i will put the picture!

Thank
Joce

Nice shop! Thanks for sharing with us.

One of the most successful CNC shops in my hometown is owned and operated by a man in a wheelchair. He dont just answer phones too, hes in the shop programing machines, loading and unloading parts. Ive always been amazed by his determination to get things done, and not be slowed down by a wheelchair.

Best of luck to you!

Adam

Very cool! I admire your determination. I am also slightly handicapped. People who spend time around me tend to forget about it. Because I do my best to ignore it and live life like it doesn't exist. But truth be told, I go through more pain in one day than most do in a year. So, yea, like I said, your determination is very inspiring to me. Thanks for sharing, and please continue to do so. I will be watching for updates.

You will probably love that TL1! I have ran a few of them. They are pretty nice. Did you opt for the tool-changer?

The dealer tell to me the machine will be at is place on 9 october and at my place on 11 october! I'm like an child waiting for chrismast!

Yes i have take the 4 posts auto turret. I have bought all my basic tooling for it, 3/4 shank.

Thank
Joce

My new lathe will be here tomorrow:)
I think I can not sleep!

I will post picture of the delivery and the haas guy will be here Wednesday for the startup.

I can't imagine all the nice parts I'll be turning for my planes with that lathe!

Joce

Delivery day! :)

Some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 446
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 471
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 514
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
I was very surprise to see the tail stock on linear bearing too!! It's very easy to slide, only with 2 fingers! This give me some ideas for using the tail stock in cnc mode, a future project.
We have put the machine on the floor without it's feet for lowering it, only small 1/4 steel plate for feet.

Tomorrow the tech come for the startup!

I was very impressed of the overall finish of the machine!

Joce

Here some closer pics:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 461
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 442
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 468
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 443
I was very surprise to see the tail stock on linear bearing too!! It's very easy to slide, only with 2 fingers!

Here some closer pics:

Yea until winter when the grease gets cold, it wont slide so well, the tailstock is one of the major complaints I have about my machine, but then mine is also a 2004 model and it has a different design. I use the heck out of my machine and I am glad to see you got one, you will find it very useful.

Charles

Back