What's new
What's new

John S shop

John Stevenson

Stainless
shop1.jpg

This shows a shot of my small bench shop. Bench is to the left out of sight.
Two lathes shown, one is a 14 x 40 TOS and the other is a CVA 12 x 30 toolroom lathe.
The machine in the foreground is an Italian ink mixer in for repair.
Blue machine to the rear of the TOS is a very old twin column floor standing drill.

shop2.jpg

Shows one side of the back machine shop.
Main machine is a Victoria U2 horizontal mill. To the right of this is an Arboga mill that I use as a drilling and tapping machine.
Forground right is just visable the edge of a Bridgeport.

shop3.jpg

Shows the big TOS lathe 22 x 48", left of this is the Bridgy again and foregrond is a Myford MG9 cylindrical grinder.

shop4.jpg

Is a central view of the machine shop showing the rear of the big TOS, the Bridgy dumped in the centre until I get an extension finished so I can have a move around. Rear of the shop is the Beaver 54 x 12 CNC miller. Tool cabinet to the left and the big blue box on stilts is the controller for the mill.
Doorway leads thru into the from shop which holds a 18" power saw, metal racks, 3 mig welders, one tig , one stick, a plasma cutter and a Butler 6" slotting machine.

Also in the main machine shop but not in any of the pics [ I need one of those panoramic cameras {g} ] are a tool and cutter grinder, 3 or 4 bench grinders, an articulated arm drilling machine and more cupboards.
Not shown n the bench fitting shop is a couple of diamond dressing grinders for tipped tools and a Russian toolroom lathe 10 x 20"
As you can see I'm a bit pushed for room.

John S.

[This message has been edited by John Stevenson (edited 12-07-2002).]

Nice equipment, John. I can identify with the cramped quarters as I have the same problem. Creative shop layout doesn't make it comfortable but it looks like you've made it work.
Regards,
Tom

Back