What's new
What's new

JP's Shop

JP Machining

Stainless
Here is a link to my new website with pics of my shop and parts I have done.
www.jp-machining.com
I have a manual mill and a tool grinder too, just haven't gotten around to taking pics yet.

Let me know what you guys think, or any ides to improve the site.

Maybe get a closer picture of the Haas with
a part set-up in it. The Haas picture is too
far away and has too much clutter around it.
Look at some of the other shop pictures in here
and you will get more ideas about being photogenic.

Nice site. Here are my opinions of the site: It's easy to navigate and thats ALWAYS good because there is no hunting for information. I would remove the counter from the main page and use a hidden one, but your hoster should supply you with a control panel that gives you plenty of visitor statistics and your wont need a counter. Maybe make the images clickable for a larger shot. I would also consider going with a more bold color theme like the blues in your top image, the darker blue instead of the teal/turquoise(but thats a matter of personal preference). All in all, nice work.

Chad

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into making the images enlargeable. I know I have to get a better picture of the Haas and I also need one of my manual stuff too, so I will try and work on that this week sometime.
I was also thinking about trying to figure out some kind of fill in the blank thing for people to send prints and specs to me to get a quote, but I am not sure my current site builder has that stuff in it. I am just using 1&1's free site builder program for now, it seems to work okay but it is kind of slow and picky.

Thanks again for the suggestions,
JP

Also I find it good to add a personal link with a little detail and background to help sell yourself also because afterall that is a big part of what people look for in a small shop, a good working communication and personable.
Toad

Well I just put a better pic of the Haas on, the lighting sucks but I couldn't make the cammera do any better. I also put a request for quote page on. It's actually a feedback form but it should work. That's all they had to work with so it will have to do for now.

toad, that is a good idea, I will think about what to write this week and create an about us page some time soon.

JP

Just doing a look see of you quote request and noticed that you misspelled format and I personally would phrase that as:
Acceptable CAD formats include: .dwg, .dxf, .iges, .sat, .edrw

Always willing to helpa fellow wisconsinite. I was born and raised about 30 miles south of you. Wish you all the luck in your ventures.
Toad

Should the site colors match the intro or vice versa... or is that just me? Only thing I really noticed that I would change.

I like the flash intro, be scared to try that with mine as most of our customers will be on dialup...

New pic gallery added with enlargable pics and full screen mode. Let me know what you think.

I am debating putting some short instructions at the top of the page as pics with long captions it cuts them off and then you have to move the mouse over the caption to see the rest of the caption.

Also added about us page although right now there is nothing on it, still working on that.

Robair: I never thought about that but I will look and see if I can make the intro a little bit blue or something. I kinda think I didn't get any choice there but I will double check.

JP

HELLO EVERYONE, I KNOW IT IS RUDE TO USE CAPS, BUT IN THIS INSTANCE AND WITHOUT MAKING AN ASS OUT OF ME AND YOU, I WILL ASSUME THAT AFTER READING THE FOLLOWING YOU ALL WILL UNDERSTAND!

"JP", CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING THE WINNING BIDDER OF THE BIG CONTRACT AS POSTED IN RFQWORK.COM

EVERYONE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW and JOIN ME IN A BIG "HIGH FIVE" TO JP!!!!!

JP's WINNING BID NOTIFICATION, GREAT JOB!!!

OK I WILL NOW TURN OFF MY "CAPS"

:D SteelCutter :D

JPs WEBSITE

ps: JP, could you keep us informed on how this Contract goes? not the financial end of it, JUST THE MANUFACTURING PART! thanks

I feel like I know JP personally, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: it is good to see that hard work pays off, I myself have won some small jobs off of these forums and truly enjoy interacting with everyone and sharing my knowledge as limited as it may be! CONGRATS AGAIN

Back