Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    Ohh I get it. Your diggs are looking 100 times better than mine! That is for sure. I was ripping on myself if anything.
    Oh, I get it, I would be fine with OSB though my office in the old place I put vertical strips of 12" copper foil over the OSB.
    Not this time she said and I am OK with that too.

Today 2 small rooms got metal ceilings and the rest of the day they spent sorting the material into stacks by lengths

2. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    .... year ago in kWH but an increase in severely inflated dollars:

2021: 6038 kWH $346.98

2022: 5073 kWH $486.08

Per month? Holy moly, Bill! We know you're not growing weed indoors, but where's all that juice goin'?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by neilho View Post
    Per month? Holy moly, Bill! We know you're not growing weed indoors, but where's all that juice goin'?
    Heat

Bla bla 10 letters

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What he said. Heat. Not a LOT of it, either.
    But with fresh air. Plenty of THAT.

Same as taking out the trash or flushing the toilet.
    Health vs money thing.

Not enough money? Create more. BFD. Not talking the price of a yacht or personal aircraft, here.

Nor "year-round", either. Around a hundred bucks, least months, not a lot more for air-con months.

See graph at page end..

"On The Other Hand.."

Ruin yer health in a closed-up box of accumulating biological nasties and chemicals?

Cannot buy good health back .... at ANY price!

Any of you lot get colds, flu, pneumonia, SARS, COVID, strep or staph sinus, tonsils, or inner ear infections?

I USED TO DO. Long time ago. And then.....

"None of the above".... since adopting ancient China's year-round residential ventilation practices.

My cassus belli?

The SARS epidemic in Hong Kong--a human calamity in the 21st century - PubMed

The family of Shi Huang Di didn't GET sick, that go.

Nor have they contracted COVID, latest go, either.
    That they know of, anyway.

Not even ONE in 20-plus immediate family.. save the UK resident Fiancee of my youngest Niece.. and WHILE he was in the UK, all jabbed and vaxed.

Of course.

Works for me, too, nearly 20 years and counting. Nearly as good over 20 years before. Had the lowest or second lowest sick leave at two former job, then again second-lowest in all of Cable & Wireless, North America ... close back of a shoe-leather-tough old British "F1" Director.
    But John's figure was for two years. My extra day was for TEN years!

Not new. Our lot have always lived longer than the averages for their era ....unless kilt in combat. Or hanged. One each, long time ago, already.

Oh.. and serious losses to the Plague. But as children. My line are the ones who did NOT die of the Plague, each of several rounds, y'see.

Slooo.. It is largely "in the Levi's" as an Irish mate of mine put it.

"Jeans", he meant.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vepco-year.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yup, yer tough, we get that. We have years of experience. Lotsa air exchange, good idea, but there are ways other than keeping the front door wide open .

Must be straight electric resistance heat? Use less than half the juice with a heat pump and get central air to boot. Heat/air exchangers would even the air exchange out, too. Filter it if you like.

I'm sure you've no trouble paying your bill Bill, but probly you're not in favor of welfare for the utility. They have a monopoly already, ya know.

They coulda been Virginia Dominion, but probly a wise PR move to call themselves VEPCO instead.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Must be straight electric resistance heat? Cut it in less than half with a heat pump and get central air to boot. They have heat exchangers, too....
    Radiant is better for health, easier to compartmentalize to a finer degree, as well as having lower-life-cycle costs.

I have had, and had it WITH, the others, thanks.

About the only heat source I have NOT had.. yet.. is burning dried animal dung.

Our government seems to "have a plan", so "we'll see" how that works out in Northern Virginia.

No further.. given they do not seem to have the means to reliably transport s**t, nor even a falsified smile, across aisles as narrow as the halls of Congress, let alone a supermarket, de-congested off the back of empty shelving units.

Meanwhile, investing in fossil fuels precisely because they goaled to damage them, has already paid forward many years worth of electricity.

When a political ad-menstruation is SOOOO f**ked-up as to put the barrel of a 12-bore in their own mouth, start to pull the trigger, and you interfere to suggest it is a "really bad idea?"

You KNOW your nation is in for a world-class butt-f**king when the arrogant looter-lie-bore-all shouts back atcha:

"Shut TF UP, invaxed racist Trumpite!"

"It's a f**king side by side DOUBLE TWELVE.. "

".. and I'm going to NAIL your insurrectionist ass...

... with the SECOND barrel!"

Worse news?

You can only WISH that was merely a bad joke!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Damn, you're fast. Up early, too. What's with that?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Damn, you're fast. Up early, too. What's with that?
    Runs in the family, lo these many generations, already. Could be a part of why it has always been - as Cousin George put it - ".. the OTHER poor dumb, bastard that dies for HIS country"?

Fully ambidextrous placental mammals don't NEED sleep in the same sense as right or left handers need it. Google "Dolphin Sleep".

We did not KNOW the "why" of it when NORAD tried to find the point some among us reached a sleep-deprivation failure point.

And could not.

Ran out of assets at ... a lot longer than expected.

One shift, no backup Army Green with our 20 KT Nike missiles had TOLD three shift USAF fighter directors that one crew would be all out of ordnance, time to live, probably both before they had the TIME to get "sleepy".

Computers shed Vacuum tubes, got lighter, we were no longer nailed-down to a known-location "Blockhouse". So that's no longer a "do well AND die anyway" type of job.

Cheyenne Mountain? Meet pee-bringer F35.

She's got MANY orders of magnitude greater, faster, further ranging command of lethal networks. FASTER and harder to LOCATE and nail than AWACS, too! Plus agile, more stealthy, yet F22 to cover her lard ass.

And tradition. Oy! The tradition! 'nam era.. or Israel:

"McDonnell-Douglas. World's largest distributor of used MiG parts."

Can't say as I miss the honour of working where your massive reinforced concrete armour is really your TOMB!

That said, I take a nap whenever it suits me.
    Gets the feet and legs up level for a spell.

10. Likes kustomizer liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have walls for the tumbler room, bathroom and enough of the wall of the inventory/packaging room that I was able to call the plumber back in so we can have running water and a bathroom first of the week. I get office walls tomorrow and likely most of hers.
    img_4035.jpgimg_4036.jpgimg_4037.jpgimg_4038.jpgimg_4039.jpg

12. Likes DrHook liked this post