What's new
What's new

madmagnus metal workshop

madmagnus

Aluminum
Hi all!

I'm Magnus from the north of Sweden and this is the beginning of my small home workshop.
The garage was built by me during 2011 so i'm still in the installation phase.

I've collected some new(old) machinery since this summer.
Still looking for a large drillpress, Arboga or Strands.

The workshop exterior.
garagebygget469.jpg

Interior, before the mill arrived.
garagebygget561.jpg

Sajo UF-52 duomill from 1971.
garagebygget595.jpg

garagebygget594.jpg

Moved to it's current location.
garagebygget631-1.jpg

Herbert 2D capstan lathe with DRO.
garagebygget457.jpg

garagebygget460.jpg

Old sajo saw.
garagebygget555.jpg

Sheetmetal shear.
garagebygget558.jpg

So how do you keep the bolts and washers from going down the floor drain? Great looking shop, keep your helmet on and join in here when ever you have time.

Charles

The floor drain is just a 50 liter stainless "bucket" with no pipes attatched so i have to drain fluids manually.
Since it's always dry down there, finding nuts and washers is not a problem:)

What do you tow with that metal shear? I see it is fitted with a trailer ball....

I have a good friend living in Gagnef with a ski house in Lofsdalen, But know little of the area myself.

Flat track is fun, Do you ice race in winter? Do you have a winter time indoors facility? There are some parts missing on that BIKE! ;-)

Turn LEFT!

The floor drain is just a 50 liter stainless "bucket" with no pipes attatched so i have to drain fluids manually.
Since it's always dry down there, finding nuts and washers is not a problem:)

That makes good sense especially if you loose some fluids out of the bike, no need to be concerned about them going into the water supply.

Charles

That makes good sense especially if you loose some fluids out of the bike, no need to be concerned about them going into the water supply.

Charles

Exactly! just about everything that ends up on the floor of a real workshop must be prevented entering the sewer. i handle some hydraulic oils, antifreese etc.....

What do you tow with that metal shear? I see it is fitted with a trailer ball....
I have a good friend living in Gagnef with a ski house in Lofsdalen, But know little of the area myself.
Flat track is fun, Do you ice race in winter? Do you have a winter time indoors facility? There are some parts missing on that BIKE! ;-)
Turn LEFT!

The trailerball was mounted by the previous owner ( a school ) i don't know how it was used, you are not the first to notice it thou.
I live in the north of Sweden just outside a town named Umeå, this time of year it's freesing cold -13 Celsius today and about 20 cm snow ( 8 inches )

The bike is not a real racebike, but inspiration is a mix of dirt/flattrack. the plan was to build a rough looking, clean streetbike and use it! nothing fancy just raw attitude.
In sweden we have a flattrack similar motorsport called Speedway, teambased competition on a small dirt ovaltrack.
Ofcourse there are Iceracing with bikes but only on outdoor tracks.

Very nice shop Magnus. I especially like the Sajo UF-52 milling machine.

In the late 1970's, I worked at the U.S. Importer for Sajo.

My father was the service manager for over 20 years. They made great machines.

Very nice shop Magnus. I especially like the Sajo UF-52 milling machine.

In the late 1970's, I worked at the U.S. Importer for Sajo.

My father was the service manager for over 20 years. They made great machines.

Interesting :) The Swedish machinetools manufacturers are not what they used to be, there were quite many of them back in the days.
I think i have to do some research about those companies, they still exist but mostly by name.
It's quite common to completely rebuild those old machines to "better than new" standard but they are not cheap.

Some of my tools and machines ( Sajo mill included ) were bought at a place nearby where they recycle stuff from schools, university and hospitals etc... mostly crap but once in a while u find something good and they have no idea what its worth :rolleyes5:

Ding! Write that on the wall somewhere... Local codes here - mebbe MOST places long-since, do not permit a floor drain in a shop or garage where fuel, lubricants, or other contaminants might enter to be connected to the conventional sewer system w/o a a costly 'device' in between, sometimes not even then.

Sinking a NOT connected lift-out sump of the sort you used looks to go a long way towards getting SOMEPLACE for stuff that gets away from point-source control to safely drain and be collected.

Thanks for that!

Bill

The regulations here are also hard and expensive to meet, this way i dont have a drain but accidental leaks etc goes down in the box.
You could easily fabricate this by yourself ( i bought mine due to lack of time and material ) and this is how it looks when not covered in concrete.
garagebygget083.jpg

garagebygget025.jpg

Having a day of from work so i got productive.....
Finishing of my main workbench that i painted yesterday, just need the shelves to make it complete.
garagebygget633.jpg

garagebygget634.jpg

I also started to clean up my KEF/Aldell grinder that i bought a few weeks ago.
garagebygget638.jpg

garagebygget639.jpg

Hejsan Magnus.

Very nice shop! The Sajo mill looks great! I would give my left nut for a place like that, instead of my
old 2 car garage, with no insulation, and no heat. :)

Søren

Here you go! my machineplate is unreadable ( no stamps ) so i found another at a machinedealer website ( i wanted this info to )
I'ts an expensive grinder, you can still by them new for about 1500-2000 Euros, i got mine for 50E :D

You should also search for Arboga E308 or E312 it's almost the same machine.

kef.jpg

HI do you have grinderweel?
I have some 300 mm, mew an used. I can sell cheap...
I think my machine has gone?
Tor Bäckefors.

Back