madmagnus metal workshop - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here you go! my machineplate is unreadable ( no stamps ) so i found another at a machinedealer website ( i wanted this info to )
    I'ts an expensive grinder, you can still by them new for about 1500-2000 Euros, i got mine for 50E

You should also search for Arboga E308 or E312 it's almost the same machine.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the grinder info.

Looks like a seriously good blend of 'no bump front' and effective grit collection. Found one that had gone already, and even the used price was still above my rations for that function, so ....

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HI do you have grinderweel?
    I have some 300 mm, mew an used. I can sell cheap...
    I think my machine has gone?
    Tor Bäckefors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah how many pounds of boost do the twin turbos on the grinder make?

5. Likes sfriedberg, Philabuster liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Magnus. fantastic shop. really impressive. nice job. did you rewire the Sajo or are you running stock wiring. i don't know what voltage you have in Sweden, but i am purchasing a Sajo UF 52 DM and need to convert it to 220V. i could use some guidance from someone that has already gone thru the process. i have heard there are circuits or parts that require 380v. i am also trying to confirm that. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Country
    NORWAY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nice shop ! Where in Sweden are you ? Maybe not too far from me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Panza View Post
    Nice shop ! Where in Sweden are you ? Maybe not too far from me.
    He hasn't been to this site in over two years, you may or may not get a response.

9. Likes Panza liked this post
    Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ratpac View Post
    Hello Magnus. fantastic shop. really impressive. nice job. did you rewire the Sajo or are you running stock wiring. i don't know what voltage you have in Sweden, but i am purchasing a Sajo UF 52 DM and need to convert it to 220V. i could use some guidance from someone that has already gone thru the process. i have heard there are circuits or parts that require 380v. i am also trying to confirm that. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
    I know Swedes have residental 400v 3-phase like most of Europe. So just plug and play for industrial machines, no fiddling around with voltages and phase converters... It's uncommon to come across a house with only 1-phase power avaitable, and if you want to upgrade to 3-phase, it's only few grand.

Pretty much all Euro machines are factory wired for 400v 3-phase (380v for older machines, but the small difference doesn't matter)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by madmagnus View Post
    Here you go! my machineplate is unreadable ( no stamps ) so i found another at a machinedealer website ( i wanted this info to )
    I'ts an expensive grinder, you can still by them new for about 1500-2000 Euros, i got mine for 50E

You should also search for Arboga E308 or E312 it's almost the same machine.

I know this is a really old thread, but I'm getting kind of desperate. I purchased a 1966 Sajo UF54 Duo Mill (I think) base with a VRF52M overarm and vertical spindle head. It is very hard to find information on these machines, here in the USA. It is missing some parts, and some are broken. One thing I'd like to find is the knee elevating crank handle. If you have a line on one could you let me know? Or could you sketch up the dimensions of yours. It looks to be an assembly of several parts, which I don't know what they look like, or what dimensions they are machined to. Can you help?
    TIA, rusty

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have you already tried Google?

"https://www.maskinisten.net/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=4661"

"http://www.lpv.se/media/1495/sajo-duo-mill-54.pdf"

So long as a crank handle fits, does its job, looks like a crank handle, not a goldfish, it should be effective, no?

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Sajo UF 52 vertical attachment

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Model number? If I cannot find one of those stateside, I shall one day have to try and copy it....

Bill
    Hello,

I'm desperate for finding the vertical head or attachment you have on your UF52. Do you have any idea where I could find one.
    I'm from Ontario Canada.

Alain

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ajnag5 View Post
    Hello,

I'm desperate for finding the vertical head or attachment you have on your UF52. Do you have any idea where I could find one.
    I'm from Ontario Canada.

Alain
    Sorry, I don't HAVE a UF2. I have a "Quartet" that could benefit from borrowing some of a UF2's features.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Dinosaur

I have a very nicw cobdition UF 52 but missing the vertical head would you have any idea where I could find one

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ajnag5 View Post
    Hello Dinosaur

I have a very nicw cobdition UF 52 but missing the vertical head would you have any idea where I could find one
    Nothing but emptiness above the neck? Sounds like the classical pepsi problem, yet here you are in Ontario, not Quebec?

You just may have to seek in continental Europe. Bring cubic money.

Or adapt a different head. That's about 50/50 labour and money.

Ex:

There were a couple of 4 HP 40-taper Quick Switch BirdPort heads kicking around on PM last week. No power on the quill feed, though.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
    Have you already tried Google?

"https://www.maskinisten.net/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=4661"

"http://www.lpv.se/media/1495/sajo-duo-mill-54.pdf"

So long as a crank handle fits, does its job, looks like a crank handle, not a goldfish, it should be effective, no?
    first link is in Swedish, I think.
    second link fails.
    As for crank, I'm going to try to modify a Bridgeport crank, but I highly doubt it will work as well as original, especially in rapid traverse mode. The original is captive, I believe, and has a sleeve around the dog end, and stays idle, when not actively engaged.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nothing but emptiness above the neck? Sounds like the classical pepsi problem, yet here you are in Ontario, not Quebec?

You just may have to seek in continental Europe. Bring cubic money.

Or adapt a different head. That's about 50/50 labour and money.

Ex:

There were a couple of 4 HP 40-taper Quick Switch BirdPort heads kicking around on PM last week. No power on the quill feed, though.
    I was wondering about the same thing. My VRF-52 vertical head is nice, but it only tips left or right, has somewhat limited vertical travel, and no powered vertical feed. I like the features of the Bridgeport and BP clones, where you can tip the head in or out, spindle brake, etc but I'd rather not have R8 taper. Maybe if I ever get my Sajo operable, I'll try adapting a BP or BP clone head to it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rusty69 View Post
    I was wondering about the same thing. My VRF-52 vertical head is nice, but it only tips left or right, has somewhat limited vertical travel, and no powered vertical feed. I like the features of the Bridgeport and BP clones, where you can tip the head in or out, spindle brake, etc but I'd rather not have R8 taper. Maybe if I ever get my Sajo operable, I'll try adapting a BP or BP clone head to it.

If one takes it a step further and can work with the Horizontal's Z axis only, no advancing Quill on the vertical AT ALL, the head gets so simple it can be shop-DIY fabbed, outright.

AND/OR a heavier Rambaudi or K&T universal / all angle head adapted - powered by the horizontal spindle. There was a post just recently on PM about a CL advert offering just such a K&T critter, and for chump change, at that. Skidding and freight would cost more than the head.

DAMHIKT, but I have to use lifting gear to move its twin, here in my own shop.

End of the day, it is not about gathering all the genuine OEM bits of kit with matching serial numbers, polishing it all, only to place it back of a velvet rope in a museum.

What capability, and which affordable solution towards it, is needed to better earn a crust, is all.

More than one "right answer" as to what can be hung off a horizontal mill to make one's bones. More than one as can break the bank instead.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the sarcasm... Ontario for sure.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If one takes it a step further and can work with the Horizontal's Z axis only, no advancing Quill on the vertical AT ALL, the head gets so simple it can be shop-DIY fabbed, outright.

AND/OR a heavier Rambaudi or K&T universal / all angle head adapted - powered by the horizontal spindle. There was a post just recently on PM about a CL advert offering just such a K&T critter, and for chump change, at that. Skidding and freight would cost more than the head.

DAMHIKT, but I have to use lifting gear to move its twin, here in my own shop.

End of the day, it is not about gathering all the genuine OEM bits of kit with matching serial numbers, polishing it all, only to place it back of a velvet rope in a museum.

What capability, and which affordable solution towards it, is needed to better earn a crust, is all.

More than one "right answer" as to what can be hung off a horizontal mill to make one's bones. More than one as can break the bank instead.

I have been looking for info but nothing available on Sajo uf-48.
    I need someone across the pond to give a few pointers.