My compact home shop..... - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mrb37211 Guest

Nice shop! Looks like you can actually find things when you need them, rather than having to buy repeats. :-( Does the basement location combine with the water heater and the laundry equipment to create a high humidity situation with associated rust problems?. Yeah, I know, Zion NP is a desert park, but still . . . Thanks, Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Charles,
    No - I haven't had any problems with rust so far - the laundry room is dryer than you might think. Also, having an intense dislike of any kind of corrosion, I keep my tooling well oiled with either Breakfree CLP (for long storage items that I might not get back to for a while) or Starrett M1 spray lubricant (for items I will probably be using in a few days). I'm sure this practice would keep any rust from forming even if I lived in a high humidity environment.
    Thanks for the compliment on the shop, I have enjoyed it very much and look forward to many more years of happy chipmaking!
    Best regards,
    Bawko

San Jose, Ca. USA "That light at the end of the tunnel just might be......"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bawko,

Enjoyed your pictures very much. Nice compact shop with a lot of capability. One thing struck me when looking at the photos: .. for one who has organized every scrap of floor real estate and also the walls, is nothing stored up above (hanging from the ceiling?) or is this an area that you don't want to talk about ? Just curious.

TMD

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

nice looking shop I particularly liked your lathe how old is it etc ? Alistair

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bawko, Thanks for the tour, it is great to see the space utilized to its fullest. Too much space tends to make people develop sloppy habits,I hope to get that organized in the next 80 or so years!