What's new
What's new

My home shop (in Denmark)

Ksor

Aluminum
Here is some of my machinery

- the lathe is an old russian Stanko A16 from 1962
- the mill is an old danish Vilh. Pedersen - one of the first VPF-1 ever made
- the saw is an italian one "Every Brown" I think it's called - oh what a cool thing !

Attachments

• Stanko A16.JPG
    Stanko A16.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 2,627
  • VPF-1.JPG
    VPF-1.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 4,178
  • Capsav.JPG
    Capsav.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 2,377
  • Rundel til stumper.JPG
    Rundel til stumper.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 2,475
Good start up !

Hi KSor !

I almost bought the same lathe here in Canada. I changed my mind because of the size and weight.
I sure do like the cardboard tubes !

Marius

You changed your mind because of the size and weight ... and bought another type of mill ?

In the cardboard tubes one can always find a peace of the right length !

But where are all the other machinists in Denmark hiding?
In danish: De sidder nok i deres kolonihavehus med en bajer og piller sig bagi!

Nice mill, I have the later VPV-1 type. Those Pedersen mills are almost indestructible.

Does yours have the rotating table on it? We had one with the rotating table on it, it was an awesome machine. If I had the room I'd get one of those. Making gears with one of those would be so easy. Do you have the vertical head as well?

Do you need a manual for your machine? I have one, I just need to scan it. It is in German though. But it has all the part drawings and the electrical circuits.

Mine is a VPF-1 and it has not a rotating table - I have contact with a guy here in Denmark witch has 5 mills standing in different stadiums from "blow'n to peaces" and just before painting - a real pleasure to visit him and see how it SHOULD be done !

Yes, I have a vertical head too.

If you have a scan of a manual I would like to see - german ... that's my middle name ;-)

Best regards
KSor, Denmark

Last edited:
Do you need a manual for your machine? I have one, I just need to scan it. It is in German though. But it has all the part drawings and the electrical circuits.

I would bee real nice if you would scan the manual !

Best regards
KSor, Denmark

In Hiding (scratching my behind, as Hansw wrote)

Hi HansW,

as you might know, I'm hiding way out in the Baltic Sea.

Mostly I can call myself "Home Shop Owner". Haven't had much time
in the shop yet.

(mig og mine gode venner: Deckel FP2 og Weiler Primus + den lille
Weiler LZ220, jeg skal af med )

Cheers
Erik

Hi Eric,
I have seen your pictures of your well equipped shop here.
I can only say, as they say over at the owwm: You suck! :-)
Pity you don't have more spare time, but having that type of machinery is a pleasure itself!

Variable length stock storage

Hi KSor,

I'm sitting here at my computer, stalling. My job today is to reorganize the mess that is my material storage, ugh.

I LOVE your system! I've got quite a bit,(80 feet) of 6" PVC, you've inspired me, besides, building the stock rack will delay messing with the mess, perfect!

Let's see, stationary post in floor, steel plate base with 5 or 6 casters around the edge, steel pipe welded in center as a starting point, yes!

OK, gotta' go, oh by the way, very impressive shop and great machines!

Bob

Great Idea on the tubing rack!

Simply Brilliant!

I was just sorting through my material thinking there has got to be a better way....... and you have solved the dilemma, at least for me.

thanks for sharing

mikee

Nice mill, I have the later VPV-1 type. Those Pedersen mills are almost indestructible.

Does yours have the rotating table on it? We had one with the rotating table on it, it was an awesome machine. If I had the room I'd get one of those. Making gears with one of those would be so easy. Do you have the vertical head as well?

Hi Volzuki

If you still have the Pedersen Milling Machine manual and would like to share, I´d be very happy to receive it. I´m trying to get it, but not being able to. Very difficult to find.

Thanks

Hi Volzuki

If you still have the Pedersen Milling Machine manual and would like to share, I´d be very happy to receive it. I´m trying to get it, but not being able to. Very difficult to find.

Thanks

Hi MotoValent

I have a scan of some "material" marketed as a manual - but it's just some bad photo copies of - maybe - something that was supplied with the machine back in time.

The Vilh. Pedersen company here in Denmark sells a "manual" and I'm 75% sure it's the same material - not worth the money they want for it.

If you are interested let me know.

Caution! What you have done is very dangerous! It enables an incurable disease that forces a lifetime of procurement of more and more tools and machines.........you never have enough. Just ask me how I know!

Hi MotoValent

I have a scan of some "material" marketed as a manual - but it's just some bad photo copies of - maybe - something that was supplied with the machine back in time.

The Vilh. Pedersen company here in Denmark sells a "manual" and I'm 75% sure it's the same material - not worth the money they want for it.

If you are interested let me know.

Hi Ksor!

Long time since I got here. So, I emailed Pedersen and they said they have nothing more about my machine, the VPF0. If you have some manual, I´d appreciate if you could send me.

Cheers

Hi Ksor!

Long time since I got here. So, I emailed Pedersen and they said they have nothing more about my machine, the VPF0. If you have some manual, I´d appreciate if you could send me.

Cheers

You can send me a private message with your e-mail address but be aware, that your mailbox have a linit to how much mail it can hold - and the manual takes a lot of space.

Back