Close
Login to Your Account
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1310

Thread: My machine shop

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Please do Adam.... Those of us that live far away from DSL and Cable internet connections have a hard time watching a lot of Youtube stuff. When you pay for internet service by the gig it's a whole different internet..

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All right Adam.... Since you won't use your thread I WILL

Pictures as promised...

( and yes, I know the last arm support is not inserted all the way... I need to pull it off and hone the bores so it will go on better...)

3. Likes Abom79, jackal, pan60, David Utidjian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just checked out the Trunnion Mount video, and I chuckle over the implied shop atmosphere.

Operator's choice of music over the shop PA, in Hi-Fi Stereo, with a gentle chunk-chunk-chunk coming from the machine, barely audible.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nice job I love it. 499 to go !!!

Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by swatkins View Post

Pictures as promised...

( and yes, I know the last arm support is not inserted all the way... I need to pull it off and hone the bores so it will go on better...)
    Great to see the ole girl finally running!! We had it for soo many years and never hooked it up. It's now in a good home and being put to good use. That was a great machining up to share with us, good use of a plain mill, and easy way to notch a tube. Thanks so much for sharing with us Swatkins!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by swatkins View Post

Pictures as promised...

Why would you not feed the work into the cutter from the other side? From that side the cutter tends to lift the table, seems to me it would be better to push down on the table rather than lifting it up against the gibs.

8. Likes jackal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight machine View Post
    Why would you not feed the work into the cutter from the other side? From that side the cutter tends to lift the table, seems to me it would be better to push down on the table rather than lifting it up against the gibs.
    Like bill said.. climb milling is tough.. This mill has so much power that it really tries to take big bites and it puts a big load on the screw when it pulls the table into the work.. The old girl has some slop in the x feed and it's much smoother feeding to the left..

When I have time I'll take the table off and see what I can do to tighten her up... I'll also change out the oilers when I'm in there, just to make sure everything is getting oil..

10. Likes jackal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Holy Smokes Adam -

Finally went to your You Tube channel. You've been busy!

Great stuff - keep it up.

Happy holidays,

Brent

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nice shop Adam and very entertaining You Tube videos. Do you even have to run CNC's at all? It does look to me that the type of work at your personal and regular shop are suited better to manual machines. This makes a old timer like myself smile because I appreciate the value and skill of this. Keep up the good work. Tell us all how to get rich if you find or found the answer. Being of the background of machining proves very valuable for you in learning and spending good time in the presence of your father which I myself enjoyed and at times I confess it was kind of tough. I never hold it against him as being a father myself sometimes I had to be tough and stern. I have never let up on telling any family which I have that I love them though as so that makes things even better in the light of that truth.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Please keep doing what you are doing. I am not a machinist buy trade and a little old to go back to school so I have watched many of your YouTube videos. I have learned from everyone.
    Thank You!
    Ric