What's new
What's new

My "new" FrankenMill

astroracer

Plastic
I have been looking at this mill since February. It's an old Bridgeport M head on a #2 Cincinnati Horizontal mill base. Moving it was the big issue and everything came together after I bought an old BT Lifter pallet jack at a yard sale for 95 bucks.
We got her home Thursday evening. Used a friends twin axle tilt car trailer to haul it. Actually rolled the machine right up the ramps and onto the trailer with the pallet jack. Did the same when we got it home. It rolled right down the ramps and practically unloaded itself.
Here it is sitting in the shop Thursday evening.
ry%3D400

I can trundle it around all by myself. That pallet jack works very well!
ry%3D400

Friday afternoon and Saturday were spent getting the machine placed and leveled and I also did a bit of wiring to replace the old brittle stuff.
This is her new home for a while.
ry%3D400

All leveled up and ready to go.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Some of the wiring I replaced. it was VERY brittle and was cracking and falling apart as I was pulling it off...
ry%3D400

This is the old power cord. I replaced it also.
ry%3D400

The machine runs through this switch box. Hi/Lo, Forward/Reverse, On/Off. I need to do some figuring to know what the RPM change is between the Hi/Lo positions.
ry%3D400

Anyway, she is up and running and I will be trying her out shortly!
Mark

Looks nice. I bet it won't be long and you will be replacing the small collet M head for a J head. I used to have a small M head mill years and years ago and it was frustrating with small capacity collet. Franken is a heavy duty and could take the bigger HP head. Good luck with your new toy :-) Rich

Back