What's new
What's new

My shop

GeneT

Cast Iron
Here's some o' my shop. Some of the pics didn't turn out, so I'll have to try a couple of 'em again.
verticals.jpg

abrasive.jpg

LatheSaw.jpg

GsT

[This message has been edited by GeneT (edited 08-27-2002).]

Is that an Ellis drill press ? Beautiful lathe....kinda looks like a Lion, but the "S" must mean it's something else. Do I spy an Atlas shaper hidden behind the bushes ?

Drill press, bandsaw and belt-grinder are all Ellis. The lathe is a Summit. And yes, that's an Atlas Shaper tucked back there. (The little stuff has to stay on rollers as I have used up nearly every square inch. The lighting (12 4' tubes) was about the smartest thing I've ever done...

Nice shop. I hope to get mine soon. How is the Grizzly mill? What size is it? Nice lathe, looks like you keep it in good shape. Did you make the pepper poppers. What type of steel did you use? Is it only for handguns or do you shoot rifle calibers at it? Im still looking for a lathe, but I should get my shop set up before I order one? Do you use a rotary phase converter? Im checking e-bay for tools, lathes, and mills. Sometimes you find a good deal and there are alot of interesting stuff. Thanks for the Info.

Aloha Wayne, I was stationed in Kaneohe '88-'92. The Grizzly Mill is OK. Seems to be square, but I'm no tool & die maker... I made the poppers and they're just mild steel - which is fine for personal use (handguns only). For club use you'd want AR500 or similar armor plate. I use a rotary phase convertor, they're better in every aspect except price. If you're getting a machine bigger than you can safely move, have your shop assembled enough to know where you want your machine placed. Good luck!

Back