What's new
What's new

My shop and machines

not enoughsmoke

Plastic
Hi my name is Chase,
I live in Tennessee and work offshore on the first of its kind mobile production unit in oil production. I am kinda new to the whole machining thing so dont laugh at my machines to much.I have been looking and droolin a lot on my keyboad about how amazing u guys are with ur machines.I use to work on John deere tractors and equipment before i worked offshore.I also am in to diesel trucks as u might have guessed with my user name. but i am trying to get a machine shop built up so i can retire doing machine work one day (maybe) but anyways here is some pics of my stuff and some stuff i am still working on if u have any questions just ask
thanks
Chase
IMG_20110126_072646.jpg

IMG_20101119_124720.jpg

2010-06-29084139.jpg

IMG_20110126_072147.jpg

IMG_20110126_072210.jpg

IMG_20110126_072215.jpg

IMG_20110126_072223.jpg

IMG_20110126_072231.jpg

IMG_20110126_072236.jpg

IMG_20110126_072259.jpg

not enoughsmoke

Chase,You have some nice tools and a nice work space,and i would hate to see it go up in smoke,im not trying to be a smartass but in the first photo you have a bunch of extension cords at ceiling level with what looks like a power strip and a 3way block cord big no no. i have seen what damage has been done by the over usage of extension cords in my 19 years in the fire service.So that being said if you can somehow rework your electrical you should enjoy many hours in your shop.
no offense
Pat

great shop i wish i had that kinda room , saw the royal purple too. when you are looking to upgrade to bigger machines stay glued to craigslist in your area.....

Chase,You have some nice tools and a nice work space,and i would hate to see it go up in smoke,im not trying to be a smartass but in the first photo you have a bunch of extension cords at ceiling level with what looks like a power strip and a 3way block cord big no no. i have seen what damage has been done by the over usage of extension cords in my 19 years in the fire service.So that being said if you can somehow rework your electrical you should enjoy many hours in your shop.
no offense
Pat
No Pat i understand where ur commin from i have not had time to finish my shop i ony have to finish the celing and connect the lights but i work offshore and i just have not had time to finish it trust me its on my list to do and when i leave to come back to work i turn all the power off in my shop to prevent a disaster

great shop i wish i had that kinda room , saw the royal purple too. when you are looking to upgrade to bigger machines stay glued to craigslist in your area.....
i want bigger machines but as u can see i need a bigger shop first lol
wow..... really very very nice all are look very nice to thanks a lot share this picture.... :)

thanks man its not much

Hello not enoughsmoke. I have a possibility to take analog of the white machine tool, as at you, JET JMD-18. I want to use it for milling works on nonferrous metal and a little on a steel. Whether there are mill deviations on an axis х? Thanks.

Your holding out on us - In post #2, what is that behind the table top mill, looks big and CNC to me? :skep:

I'm guessing it's a Milltronics machine that is in another shop.

To the OP... I'm guessing you're going to "outgrow" those machines rather quickly. Being a diesel enthusiast, you certainly know the importance of torque/power (and being able to deliver it). I started out with small machines like that and upgraded in no time. Is that your first Cummins swap? I'd love to swap a 12-valver and 47RH into something. However, like you, I just don't have the room to take on anything more.

Hello not enoughsmoke. I have a possibility to take analog of the white machine tool, as at you, JET JMD-18. I want to use it for milling works on nonferrous metal and a little on a steel. Whether there are mill deviations on an axis х? Thanks.
sorry but i am not sure what ur asking ?
Your holding out on us - In post #2, what is that behind the table top mill, looks big and CNC to me? :skep:
Nope sorry i am not holding out on yall I purchased the milling machine from a preacher/train machinst and he had several nice machines it was some sort of cnc laser machine
I'm guessing it's a Milltronics machine that is in another shop.

To the OP... I'm guessing you're going to "outgrow" those machines rather quickly. Being a diesel enthusiast, you certainly know the importance of torque/power (and being able to deliver it). I started out with small machines like that and upgraded in no time. Is that your first Cummins swap? I'd love to swap a 12-valver and 47RH into something. However, like you, I just don't have the room to take on anything more.
Not sure the name of the machine he had several nice machines i bought all my machines from him.Yes i would like bigger machines but in time i am only 26 right now and i am out of shop space.I already have a 850hp dodge i built for sled pulling and daily driving.So yes i know how to make one run :D This was my first cummins conversion but i ended up buying another truck and done the swap rather quick in about 5 weeks and now back to the first build here are some pics i also had to build center cap spacers for my new wheels using my milling machine
IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

IMAG0235.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

Update Since i have not posted in a while. I finished the Shop i was in and 2 weeks later we bought a new house so now have to start again from square one. However I did get some bigger machines this time home. I know not how to work the CNC yet but will soon i hope The CNC is a HURCO KMB1 and a 14" rockwell lathe
IMAG0423.jpg

IMAG0424.jpg

IMAG0422.jpg

IMAG0425.jpg

IMAG0426.jpg

IMAG0427.jpg

My new Shop for now
IMAG0801_zps8c4c7605.jpg

IMAG0800_zpsa0a28d1d.jpg

IMAG0799_zpsdc204208.jpg

Man I'm really liking the way you did the ceailing with the tin. I belive it was DavidN that built his shop that way too. My new homeshop needs a new ceiling as well and Im really thinking about doing it the way you guys did. Im sure it helps brighten it up in there.
Looks like you have a nice place in the country, with more room. Congrats!
Lathe came with chips and all, good deal! It looks solid and Im sure will compliment your existing machines and shop well.:smoking:

Man I'm really liking the way you did the ceailing with the tin. I belive it was DavidN that built his shop that way too. My new homeshop needs a new ceiling as well and Im really thinking about doing it the way you guys did. Im sure it helps brighten it up in there.
Lathe came with chips and all, good deal! It looks solid and Im sure will compliment your existing machines and shop well.:smoking:

I Really Appreciate that coming from a very good machinst Such As yourself.I was going to paint plywood to do the ceiling in the old shop, then I figured up the time and money it was cheaper to do the tin. It made a Drastic difference in the tempature in the shop As for the lights I could have used more Lights. Yes My new Home has 8 acres with it so I plan on building an 60x60 one day but for now i have to make the best of it.The lathe came with a bunch of tooling and so did the CNC mill I was looking for a bigger manual mill machine.When I went to go look at one the guys stepson had already said its not forsale but when he priced the CNC and the lathe for $1800 for both I offered him cash and got them both for $1600. I am super excited to use them i just dont know how to run the CNC yet.Also ran into another problem since I dont have the shop space the machine will reside at my brother house until I get a shop to put them in. I was wondering do you know any thing about the rockwell lathe ? I am trying to find what all the controls do so I can label them. Any Insight would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Chase

Just thought I would say "hey" from a fellow Cummins fanatic. And I am really digging your Rockwell. That is the exact lathe that my high school shop class had (i still have polaroid pics of it!). And consequently the first lathe I ever operated. I built a small running 2-cycle engine through my junior and senior years of high school in shop class. all on a Bridgeport, and Rockwell just like yours. I almost took my pinkie off running that lathe! it was a good experience that taught me right quick the amount of respect all these machines deserve! LOL. Enjoy your shop its pretty sweet!

You know that tin does look nice but with a low ceiling I would bet it would reflect noise like a drum. I would think that a drywall ceiling would be preferable. The tin on walls would be nice when it comes to cleaning but I would still think it would be like machining in a coffee can without a tall enough ceiling.

Charles

Cool shop, I was more interested in the ford... I saw the side of it, then the intercooler and core support and I had a feeling it was a cummins swap.. Haha. I have put a 4bt in my old f100. Have you got your's driving?

Back