What's new
What's new

My shop setup

j king

Stainless
I was asked to email a couple pics of my shop layout but I dont know how to do that. I can post pics on photobucket so here they are.
shoppics002.jpg

shoppics010.jpg

shoppics009.jpg

shoppics005.jpg

shoppics004.jpg

shoppics015.jpg

shoppics007.jpg

shoppics006.jpg

shoppics011.jpg

shoppics018.jpg

shoppics017.jpg

shoppics014.jpg

shoppics012.jpg

shoppics016.jpg

Here are a few more.
The size is approx 13x24

[ 02-05-2007, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: j king ]

It looks crowded but it isnt bad.I have a cart that I push into the shop that is normally in the garage side that I can set tools and parts on.I straightened things up for show and tell Saturday for a new prospective customer. :D :D

Beautiful shop!!! Im wondering if you can tell me how you power all that heavy machinery? I'm assuming that this is a home shop. I could be wrong but that drill press looks just like the Cinncinati that we have at our shop. Except j king's looks alot nicer! Ours has heavy duty cast on the head. They wernt kidding.

J:

What model is the big Monarch? Your early 10EE looks super with the brass dials.

How do you get buy with so little?

Nice shop. That's my idea of heaven..

Hal

Thanks guys.
The drill is a Cinninati Super Service.28"It has 11 inches of quill travel.I love it.This is a home shop but I started to get some work from a couple local companys.Hope to get things rolling and put my teen to work a bit.
The Monarch is a series 50. 16 x 54.I took a pic of the cart that I park under the large lathe to store stuff.4 HF casters and a couple of shelves welded together to keep it low. A real space saver that works great.
I have a 15 hp RPC that runs everything.I would have loved to build the shop larger but this was a bumpout on th e side of my garage and I didnt want another building to heat ect..
Jim

Not here to make anyone feel bad.Wanted to show how much you can fit into a small area if it is thought out..

I really like the overhead crane I wish I had one! Did you build the crane yourself?

The saddle and cross feed on my 10EE are all dull, dinged, and pitted. How did you get yours so shiney?

Fantastic Shop! :cool:

-Matt

Thanks Matt. I dont remember it being in very bad shape.I think I used some wet&dry sandpaper and rubbed on it a bit with a little solvent.
I built the crane.I had it planed when I built the shop.I had to bump up the ceiling to get the height to clear the lights and so it wasnt down too low.

Hi Jim,
Great shop well thought out. What is the floor size and ceiling hight? Beautiful Cincy Horizontal.
Your shop looks like you have been at it awhile.
How long if I might ask?
Thanks for the tour.
Best regards mac

Thanks again.
Mac....It is 13x24 ruffly.I had to raise the ceiling to about 9' in the middle.The roof line made me pitch it up from 8' on the ends and it tapers towards 9' for crane clearance.I have been in this part for 2 years.Moved out of my garage shop.I do bodywork on the side also and the 2 didnt mix well.

Trollerudjan ...I do job shop type work.I have been doing pulling tractor parts and farmer type repairs.I picked up a customer a couple of months ago for job shop work and believe I picked up 1 more this week.This is on the side.I machine at a job shop at my day job.

nice shop j king. you have some beautiful examples of american iron. i know you did some work on your monarch ee after you bought it- i remember seeing some of your posts and pictures of it after you bought it. did you do anything to any of your other machines or did you purchase them in the condition displayed in your pics.? the 16x54 monarch is extremely clean- it looks like you bought it from the same place johnny johnson from wisconsin bought his model 50 monarch.

Great shop - love the crane. Just wondering - don't see any sawing facilities. Tucked away somewhere?
Cheers!
Pete

Back