My Work Shop

Mar71n

Plastic
New here so Hello.

Few pictures of my kit.

DSC00577.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00579.jpg

I have solidworks as CAD & EdgeCam as CAM & do a wide range of work from machined for billet parts, castings supplied & machined & press tools & low volume press work. I have been in business for 23 years in March but this is the most difficult time I have worked through.

Just produced these.

DSC00558.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

Thats all for now

Yes practical machinist is on the screen. Only spotted it when I had posted the pictures & wondered if someone would spot it :D

I am sure things will work out, but work & money are a bit lean at the minute.

Youve got a lot more room than most of your Mates over there. At least you have more than two elbows of room between walls. Thanks for sharing and good luck.

Charles

I am drooling with envy, That's such a nice clean shop. I have yet to figure out how to keep mine clean with all the dirty crap people drag in to get work on. :eek:

Cool little product, Any chance you can tell us what they do?

Hi all

EmeraldFabractor
Having the floor painted helps keep the place clean as a quick sweep round tidies up the swarf & the floor does not turn black from oil.

The part is off a steering arm on a development car but like lots of bits I make I do not get to see where they end up.

RebeccaAGray_85
Happy to keep it at the level I am at for the time been, tried to expand a few years ago & got caught out when BMW sold Rover cars which put the skids under my then main customer.

1st of March today so been doing paper work till now so I am board.

Nice looking shop. I like all the daylight... makes for a nice work environment. Looks like you make some interesting parts. Especially like the offset turnings.
I see you have what looks to be a gantry mill in front of the window. Any chance of getting more pictures of that? Did you build it or buy it?

Thanks
Jim k

Nice looking shop. I like all the daylight... makes for a nice work environment. Looks like you make some interesting parts. Especially like the offset turnings.
I see you have what looks to be a gantry mill in front of the window. Any chance of getting more pictures of that? Did you build it or buy it?

Thanks
Jim k

Its a manuel CMM very useful bit of kit.

DSC00583.jpg

Its been a while since I posted here. So work has just got busier as the year has gone on, very different to the beginning. some of the stuff has just been widgets & the one big job the customer did not want any pictures posted. But its let me buy this :)
New to me Colchester Triumph VS2500.

DSC00691.jpg

The dog helping!
DSC00692.jpg

Have just finished this. something a bit different, its a scratch test rig.The post pivots on a bearing set & the vertical stylus has a diamond tip.
DSC00694.jpg

I'm imagining this conversation:

"I've got a piece that's fairly long, not too wide, and plasma cut from 1/4" steel that needs some holes drilled in it"

"That sounds great, throw it on the bridgeport and take a whack at it"

A few hours go by...

"Uhh, the other bridgeport, with the long and not-too-wide table and hand feed quill"

"Doh, now you tell me!"

It was a modification, as I thought the part would be symetrical been accross the back of a car. But the problem with that is I thought. So when it was inspected it was 3mm to wide on the one side & the only way I could machine it was stuck out the door.

Bought this some time ago at an internet auction,its an indexing chuck with 15Deg positions.

Came to use it the first time, to find the chuck running out of true & the indexing stop seized.
The aluminium spacer located the chuck to the indexer, so there were two location spigots running out.
Having striped the chuck apart there was enough material to turn the register directly into the chuck back plate.

Have you ever started one of those jobs & wished you hadn`t.

All to machine a couple of flats.

This sort of job doesn't come along very often. The customer just wanted these two parts fitted together &
left the design up to me.

To give the maximum amount of room for the welding torch. I came up with the idea of this sprung loaded
plunger, with the arm over the top to position the bung at the correct height.

Machined the pressing location out of nylon, the thinking been it wouldn't arc onto the A surface.

Finished right hand & left hand fixtures.

Back