What's new
What's new

New to PM/ Introduction

BillMurrey1911

Plastic
Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone and say hi. I'm a long time reader of PM, and finally decided to join.

A little bit of my work background: Ive been machining for about 10 years. I spent the first 6 running conventional, and the last 4 running/programming CNC. To this point, I have only been exposed to HAAS machinery, but would love to learn other machines. My official job title is a "Technician." Although 60%-70% of my job entails machining, I can't really classify myself as a "machinist." The other portion of my responsibilities include design work, 3D modeling, assembly, testing, alterations and project management.

During my free time, I enjoy minor gun smithing (80% AR's and 1911's), camping, fishing snowboarding...anything outdoors.

Well, it's nice to meet all of you, and I look forward on becoming a member of your community.

Welcome BillMurrey1911
Hope you enjoy your time here in PM. There are some negative people, on here, that like to dump on folks but as a hole we're a good bunch. Lots of experienced guys to talk to. I received a lot of help with my old machine rebuilds.
Good Luck,
toolles

My location is required? I don't remember reading that, and not to sure what it could help with. However, I am from CA.

Back