New Shop Build - Houston, TX - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a place in Arizona with a HOA. Lots and lots of rules but there is nobody to enforce them for the most part. Rules say RV type places can only be in place for 6 month per year. We have several that have been there for years. Minimum lot size is 40 acres though so everyone has plenty of room and pretty much everyone just does there own thing.

There is an unincorporated/unzoned area about 25 miles away that is a suburb of a larger city. You couldn't pay me to live there. There will be a nice house, then a small horse ranch, then a church, then a junkyard, then a few crack houses. It's like ghetto meets suburbia. No thanks.

BTW, nice shop. My machine shop is about the same size and while I wish it was larger it works.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    I have a place in Arizona with a HOA. Lots and lots of rules but there is nobody to enforce them for the most part. Rules say RV type places can only be in place for 6 month per year. We have several that have been there for years. Minimum lot size is 40 acres though so everyone has plenty of room and pretty much everyone just does there own thing.

There is an unincorporated/unzoned area about 25 miles away that is a suburb of a larger city. You couldn't pay me to live there. There will be a nice house, then a small horse ranch, then a church, then a junkyard, then a few crack houses. It's like ghetto meets suburbia. No thanks.

BTW, nice shop. My machine shop is about the same size and while I wish it was larger it works.
    I think we all wish our shops were larger!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post

I don't think the lack of an HOA creates crack houses, churches and junkyards. When I was property hunting my requirements were- No HOA, 3 wires on the power pole and stick built house (no manufactured homes). HOA's are a nightmare when you get assholes involved. I live in an area where everybody gets along and we talk to each other to work out differences.

4. Likes DrHook liked this post