What's new
What's new

Our New Shop, Home and Farm- all rolled into one! :)

Mermaid

Plastic
Working with the county and a master electrician to bring in the 3 phase.
Semi's and riggers coming to move our equipment from the Tampa Bay in the next couple of weeks.
Hence the downsizing.

And moving the house shortly after that!

Whew! Exciting!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 489
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 483
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 478
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 533
I was born in Clearwater, I can understand your desire to leave Tampa, not a bad place really but still that farm looks real inviting...thanks for sharing.

Charles

Hi there Charles,
We are also live in a Pinellas County. Our shop was in St. Pete and then we moved it 5-6 years ago, just north of Clearwater, near Palm Harbor to Ozona to be closer to home. We got tired of the commute with all the endless construction going on US-19.

So a year and half ago we bought a blueberry farm in North Central Florida as a weekend retreat. We ended up liking it so much up there that we decided put our house down here on the market, sold the blueberry farm two weeks ago and bought this place instead.

Spent last week moving all our farm stuff from the blueberry farm over.

Moving stuff, stuff and more stuff!

It's been a whirlwind!

My husband sez we ain't ever moving again, and I think he is right!

It is a dream come true!

We know where Paradise is!
We lived in Northern California before we moved to Florida in 2004.

Still do work for the State there. Parks and Rec. DE water filtration systems at San Simeon- Hearst Castle, Lake
Tahoe -DL Bliss, Eagles Point, and Richardson Grove in the Redwoods.

Will be upgrading Eagles Point next summer to ADA standards w a larger system.

If you are out this way sometime, give us a call.

I'd envy you but I won't. Hope you are happy in your new location. You will be when all settles down from the move, I'm sure.
I love Florida and would move there but for the estate I have to manage here. My mother wanted it to stay in the family so I feel kind a trapped. Mostly TRAPPED due to the ever rising tax burden from the greedy state workers union retirement load.

Its a small town for sure , lived here most of my life. that's pretty neat you know where it is. We have friends who live near you down there in Florida they just moved there. Keep posting pic's its a nice place you have for sure, thanks for the invite .Don't get out of town often there's always something to keep up when your the owner :). The only thing I see missing is the horses !

This reminds me of the thread I just here about when to give control of your business to your kids.

Seems you are having to live your Mom's life instead of yours. I am sorry you feel trapped.

Is renting it a possibility?

I'd envy you but I won't. Hope you are happy in your new location. You will be when all settles down from the move, I'm sure.
I love Florida and would move there but for the estate I have to manage here. My mother wanted it to stay in the family so I feel kind a trapped. Mostly TRAPPED due to the ever rising tax burden from the greedy state workers union retirement load.

The riggers are going to have to lay down plywood on the Lane coming in so they don't sink into the sand under the weight. I'll be sure to take some pics of that!

Horses you say? Well I started off looking at goats and then graduated to mini Donks.
A few days ago, I said to my husband, "I've been in denial, and beating around the bush. What I really want are horses"

Of course I got the whole nine yards about cost and care, but then I found a really beautiful 16 hand rescue American Saddlebred for him. Even he had to admit it was a beautiful gelding. Rides English, western and drives. Unfortunately or fortunately for him when I contacted the rescue group his adoption was already pending.

Here he is. Dandy.

http://lakecity.craigslist.org/grd/4541833748.html

Its a small town for sure , lived here most of my life. that's pretty neat you know where it is. We have friends who live near you down there in Florida they just moved there. Keep posting pic's its a nice place you have for sure, thanks for the invite .Don't get out of town often there's always something to keep up when your the owner :). The only thing I see missing is the horses !

We have 2 horses on our piece , there great and take your mind off the day to day crap that loads people up .

Attachments

• 1966216_607108209364370_886469749_o.jpg
    1966216_607108209364370_886469749_o.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 316
How'd you know?
Firsthand knowledge? :)

What's Lawrenceville GA like?
And how far away? I may need some help.

It used to be a small town, sort of growing bigger but trying to stay small, it isnt working...

Have a great week, thanks for sharing. Love to see photos of the shop once you get things moved in.

Charles

It used to be a small town, sort of growing bigger but trying to stay small, it isnt working...

Have a great week, thanks for sharing. Love to see photos of the shop once you get things moved in.

Charles

Thanks. Will do and you too Charles. Was nice meeting you here! :)

Well I started off looking at goats and then graduated to mini Donks.

]

NOOOOOOOO! To the goats! A friend of mine thought I needed a couple of goats on my place when I first got it. Those damn things found a way to the roof of the machine shed and totally ruined the cedar shake roof. And the roof of the dog house which was regular shingles. Every vehicle coming on the place "needed" to be jumped on by these devils. Anywhere they thought they were not allowed HAD to be encroached. They tore up a bus which was sitting on the place. Even jumped on motorcycles! The most egregious offence possible! They were too much trouble and I was going to make a stew out of those rascals but a buddy came & got 'em for his kids to fawn over. I let him have the destructive critters. He had as much deviltry from them too.
I had goats when I was a kid, but don't remember them being anywhere near the trouble these two were.

Seems you are having to live your Mom's life instead of yours. I am sorry you feel trapped.

Not my moms' life. But honoring her wish to keep property in the family.
I'm not really trapped, that way. More like the freedom to not worry about making rent each month. Just not in a position to pick up and move to Fl.
I was the only of her children to be able to stay with her to keep her in the home she and dad worked so hard to build, until her death. I feel good to have done that. I could leave and make arrangements for occupation by someone else but my health and other reasons halt that. Plus, my machine shop is all I have now to make a living with. It would cost too much to pack all that to Fl. And I'm not able to move it all myself as I once was. About my biggest bitch is the ever rising unreasonable tax burden on the property.

Not my moms' life. But honoring her wish to keep property in the family.
I'm not really trapped, that way. More like the freedom to not worry about making rent each month. Just not in a position to pick up and move to Fl.
I was the only of her children to be able to stay with her to keep her in the home she and dad worked so hard to build, until her death. I feel good to have done that. I could leave and make arrangements for occupation by someone else but my health and other reasons halt that. Plus, my machine shop is all I have now to make a living with. It would cost too much to pack all that to Fl. And I'm not able to move it all myself as I once was. About my biggest bitch is the ever rising unreasonable tax burden on the property.

Then you and she have been twice blessed. :)

If you ever get time for a little get away, come visit us!

We enjoy having visitors and my husband would love to talk with a guy or a gal, but especially a person who is a fellow machinist.

The gate is always open!

Keep that in mind.

Mermaid

Back