Ox's Shop '08 - Page 45
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Ox's Shop '08

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was expecting to have finished that job on Monday, but the rental outfit didn't have a truck available until Wednesday. So yesterday they actually brought and dropped off my little Clark 5K that they had just finished puting a whole new evap and carb system on, as well as all new brakes and many associated parts there as well.

Then they picked up the 30 and followed me with my goose over to the storage facility and unloaded. We then moved the column inside and unloaded the table and set inside as well. Then the 30K went home from there.

I still need to move the stairs and a skid or two of shtuff, but for the most part - all of this machine is inside and snug as a bug in a rug. I forgot to take my camera with me. (I have a flip phone FWIW)

Then we came back and finished moving our Hardinge Twin Turn 65 into place, as it went where this mill was.

Hoping to move an Acme out, and Little Belle back in this afternoon now - before the snow if possible...

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Last edited by Ox; 11-08-2018 at 12:24 PM.

2. Likes wheelieking71, CBlair liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I sure don't envy you...........machine movin' kinda sucks. I only brought one new one in and moved one to a new address in the shop and that was enough for me. Your iron shuffle has me beat by a long shot....................

4. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wish I could rent a 30K lift locally. Biggest I can get is 18K and it's a pneumatic tire rig that's not good for working in tight quarters. Local dealers can get one in from STL or Chi-town, but by the time you pay for the ride you might as well hire the riggers.

047.jpg 050.jpg