What's new
What's new

Pacemaker lathe recovery & farm shop tour

Colin Doyle

Plastic
I picked up a 16x54 American Pacemaker out in Utah a few months ago, and PM member Yan Wo was kind enough to come out to the seller's shop and film us loading the machine. Here's some of the footage he captured, along with some background info on the lathe recovery and a rambling walk-through of my farm maintenance shop. Most of my work involves metal fabrication and the repair and modification of cars and heavy trucks. I don't produce any ultra-high-precision parts in my shop, but I'm grateful to finally have some machine tools at my disposal.

Thanks,
Colin

I picked up a 16x54 American Pacemaker out in Utah a few months ago, and PM member Yan Wo was kind enough to come out to the seller's shop and film us loading the machine. Here's some of the footage he captured, along with some background info on the lathe recovery and a rambling walk-through of my farm maintenance shop. Most of my work involves metal fabrication and the repair and modification of cars and heavy trucks. I don't produce any ultra-high-precision parts in my shop, but I'm grateful to finally have some machine tools at my disposal.

Thanks,
Colin

Where in Minnesota are you? Pacemaker running yet? Be careful that thing has enough power to rip you to shreds.

It does a pretty good job of cooling the air and capturing the condensate. In a perfect world, I’d have a two-tank setup, and place the cooler between the compressor and the first tank. This compressor generates 27 cfm, so it could handle a little more storage than the single 80 gallon tank.

Attachments

• dryer.jpg
    dryer.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
View attachment 309650View attachment 309651

It does a pretty good job of cooling the air and capturing the condensate. In a perfect world, I’d have a two-tank setup, and place the cooler between the compressor and the first tank. This compressor generates 27 cfm, so it could handle a little more storage than the single 80 gallon tank.

Edit: I didn’t know it was going to turn the photos into postage stamps when I attached them.

Do you have time to try to post them bigger?

Back