What's new
What's new

Picture of the Shop at Night

alskdjfhg

Diamond
Wasn't planning on posting pictures of the shop, till its a little more "done". But yesterday was a big of moving iron around, still trying to figure out how I want everything laid out.

Also made some good progress on shop doors. An extra set of hands makes a big diffrence. You can see the doors laying on the floor waiting for bracing and sheet metal.

Got to the farm before day light and left well after dark. Thought the picture of the shop at night with lights on was cool.

4a0b38bee71ce81af106d497c5546ebd.jpg

Better start planning the addition.

I've got the parts to build at least a 50x125 (could easily be much larger), and the crane to erect it, but I lack power. Single phase, and only have 200 amps coming into this barn. Center Point would have given me more, but that would have required making some changes to the transformer, pole, etc. The guy that came out and talked me to said figure at-least $10,000 when it was all said and done.

It would be a lot more if I build a larger building, because it would have to go in another area of the property. The changes the power company would be even more extreme.

I really wish this building was just a little wider, real tight to drive that big awkward Hyster around inside.

I don't see the footings for the bridge crane. ;)

I wish. That was out of the budget, this barn wasn't cheap, but MUCH cheaper than something with an overhead crane.

I'll probably have to suffer along with forklifts, A frames and jib cranes in this shop. Next shop for sure though.

That would probably be in a leased building to start with.

It looks like it's coming along great. How big is your building? The weather in Houston is probably just right to get things done outside. We used to live in Katy Tx. in the early 80's. What I wouldn't give for some of that Texas weather right now. In Michigan, we've been dipping into the teens - low 20's at night and mid 30's during the day....high wind & rain almost everyday.

It's been pretty mild, even by our standards. Its 72 and sunny right now, really nice to be outside.

The building is 80x80 overall, but the part with concrete is only 40x80.

Houston in the summer..............that'll be like baking in the oven......

Nice place..............................

Back