What's new
What's new

Pictures of my shop

agertool

Aluminum
Well, I thought I would join the rest of you guys and post some pics of the international headquarters of my shop! Here they are;

barn.jpg

edisonlathe.jpg

mills.jpg

kingstonlathe.jpg

grinders.jpg

sawarea.jpg

welding.jpg

vies.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy...

Bill

Very nice indeed. What size is the Baldor?

Must be nice to have some flat ground to build on. We are in the process of drawing in lots of fill for our expansion project.

Nice set up. Is that where you make a living? I'm half looking to move to a larger space, and am getting ideas of set ups. What are the dimensions of the building?

Thanks guys,

-RAD, the building is 30x50, but I am only using 30x40 for the shop, I still have 300 sq feet for storage and a place to park the tractor and wheeler. My dad and I run the business there together, he full time and I at night.

-ARB, I have to check on what size it is, dont remember off the top of my head.

Bill

Nice, in addition to existing comments, a couple great features I noted...

- the two-tone paint...darker color down low minimizes chips, dings, and scuffs, light above to, well, reflect light! Cool touch.

- the large green (assuming quill-downfeed) handwheels on the mills. Did you adapt these or did they come as a purchased accessory? Seems like a good deal over having to constantly relocate that blasted pinned-lever-arm on a Bpt.

Also curious how you got the machines there? I didn't see a forklift, crane or other lifting device(s).

Matt, these were custom made by a friend. He casted these from another handle he came across. He gave me a few in exchange for some other machining. I had them sent out for vinyl dipping drilled and bored them to fit afterwards. Yes, they do work out very well. I will have to see if I could get more of them someday.

I do have a folding cherry picker and a pallet jack to move somethings around but had a rigger move the equipment in there when I moved to my present location. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have built the barn with 12 or 14 foot ceilings so I could put a crane in. I have a 1 ton lynx but it is at another garage not being used right now. Unfortunatly, I do not have the height to use it.

Also to everyone, thanks for your comments, I appreciate them all. It's amazing, I have been in that barn for 2 1/2 years now and still I am moving things around and will be for a while to be sure. I am getting a tacer attachment for my lathe and need to re arrange them so I can mount it on the larger machine. Thanks again everyone!

Bill

Matt, these were custom made by a friend. He casted these from another handle he came across. He gave me a few in exchange for some other machining. I had them sent out for vinyl dipping drilled and bored them to fit afterwards. Yes, they do work out very well. I will have to see if I could get more of them someday.

I do have a folding cherry picker and a pallet jack to move somethings around but had a rigger move the equipment in there when I moved to my present location. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have built the barn with 12 or 14 foot ceilings so I could put a crane in. I have a 1 ton lynx but it is at another garage not being used right now. Unfortunatly, I do not have the height to use it.

Also to everyone, thanks for your comments, I appreciate them all. It's amazing, I have been in that barn for 2 1/2 years now and still I am moving things around and will be for a while to be sure. I am getting a tacer attachment for my lathe and need to re arrange them so I can mount it on the larger machine. Thanks again everyone!

Bill

Thanks Bill, it's nice to see people can still make a living using manual machines. I'll be starting up this spring with just manual machines.

Rad, there is still plenty of work available to do on manual equipment. Unfortunately, as you may know by reading posts on here there are fewer talented people that can do this type of work efficiently. I do however plan on stepping up to a cnc mill and lathe in the future. When that will be I do not know yet. Good luck in your venture though!

Bill

HELLO TO ALL,
i am also interested in the handwheel
on the manual downfeed. many years ago
i worked in a shop that had one of these
on the bridgeport, and they are very handy.
i have been looking for one of these for
mine. any idea what company might have these?
thanks.
wlbrown
wright city, mo.

I had a friend give me those wheels several years ago, he had them casted, where I do not know. I would think that this would be an item that would sell like hotcakes if you ever used them. I would be interested in a few more just in case I got another mill or two. Anyone know where to get 'em?

Bill

Back