Pictures from my shop
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    237
    Likes (Received)
    204

    Default Pictures from my shop

    First I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the knowledge I have gained from all of your posts etc. The depth of talent and experience in this trade displayed on this forum always seems to humble me. Ive always enjoyed looking at pictures of other members projects and shops etc., so I thought Id try to Post A few of my shop. Thanks Again for all the help. OK Looks like Im gonna have to do some reading before I can properly post pictures but heres a few I got to load.img_0660.jpgimg_1256.jpgimg_1769.jpgimg_0469.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1295.jpg  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1086
    Likes (Received)
    596

    Default

    Pic 4 got me awful confused as to why the hell you would mount a 4th axis on a teeter-totter...

    Looks great. You pack a lot of capacity into a small space. The German in me approves of the efficiency.

  3. Likes cpifer3, Philabuster liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    marysville ohio
    Posts
    9,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2643
    Likes (Received)
    6121

    Default

    Camshaft blanks, cylinder head on the "teeter totter", Is that a Centroid head porting mill? Where in Ohio are you?

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Posts
    3,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    413
    Likes (Received)
    1000

    Default

    No, but centroid has a patent on that gizmo....

    EDIT: They have a patent on a ballscrew driven teeter-totter.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    237
    Likes (Received)
    204

    Default

    Im in Polk Ohio, trunnion is home made of course ( aint pretty but it works), its full five. A rotates 360 and the B is limited to about 20 dgr. Moonlight, I really admire the work you have posted, great stuff thanks for sharing. Bet centroid doesnt have an adjustable counterbalance, AKA 3 jaw jaw chuck on the tailstock end. Like I said , it aint pretty but it does work.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee,WI
    Posts
    1,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6885
    Likes (Received)
    996

    Default

    Is that a spraymister for a gun drill on the cart in pic #2?

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brunswick Oh USA
    Posts
    4,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4973
    Likes (Received)
    2679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpifer3 View Post
    Im in Polk Ohio, trunnion is home made of course ( aint pretty but it works), its full five. A rotates 360 and the B is limited to about 20 dgr. Moonlight, I really admire the work you have posted, great stuff thanks for sharing. Bet centroid doesnt have an adjustable counterbalance, AKA 3 jaw jaw chuck on the tailstock end. Like I said , it aint pretty but it does work.
    Clint,
    I don't believe I've ever met a guy like you. I can't even spell CNC, but I'd pit you against the best of the best.
    John,
    Polk is (as the crow flies) right on the way to my joint from yours.

  9. Likes cpifer3 liked this post
  10. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Granville,NY,USA
    Posts
    3,925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    316
    Likes (Received)
    418

    Default

    Good stuff.. Glad you pointed out the use for the "Extra" chuck on the teeter totter. i was like


  11. Likes cpifer3 liked this post
  12. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    237
    Likes (Received)
    204

    Default

    Ray, the stuff you do on manuals I cant duplicate with the same efficiency on cnc, you are just that good, seriously. Not to mention he Is just one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, always willing to help you out. One of those guys that just makes you say " why the hell didn't I think of that" .
    ARB(love that picture with the mountain of AL chips) , The chuck allowed me to smooth out the transition on the B, not that Im moving that fast but it is alot weight hanging out 20 some plus inches off center, I had to slow down the rapid moves on the B in the parameters just to keep from slipping the shaft on the worm gear on the B
    .Converterking
    , yep, I use the spray mister for rocker shafts and con rods, Ray Behner turned me on to this unit, works great.I am starting to use some solid Carbide drills though for the rods, 30 x D, crazy feed rates, through spindle cooolant. Really makes you pucker the fisrt time running a 8mm drill through 40 rc 4340 at 14 ipm(this is off the top of my head ,but i Know its close) no peck straight through about 7 inches deep .
    Manuel Ed, Thanks. How are you liking the new Lathe?

    Here are a few more Picsimg_1250.jpgAttachment 168603Attachment 168604
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0626.jpg   img_1391.jpg   img_0555.jpg   img_1531.jpg  

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    237
    Likes (Received)
    204

    Default

    Picture of a deck plate I pulled of the mill yesterday, and a quick fixture I made last week to c bore some connecting rod caps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shop-025.jpg   shop-021.jpg  

  14. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
  15. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    5,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7180
    Likes (Received)
    7306

    Default

    cpifer3, this is geat stuff!!!! I like everything I see! Keep posting!

  16. Likes DrHook liked this post
  17. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    marysville ohio
    Posts
    9,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2643
    Likes (Received)
    6121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpifer3 View Post
    Ray, the stuff you do on manuals I cant duplicate with the same efficiency on cnc, you are just that good, seriously. Not to mention he Is just one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, always willing to help you out. One of those guys that just makes you say " why the hell didn't I think of that" .
    ARB(love that picture with the mountain of AL chips) , The chuck allowed me to smooth out the transition on the B, not that Im moving that fast but it is alot weight hanging out 20 some plus inches off center, I had to slow down the rapid moves on the B in the parameters just to keep from slipping the shaft on the worm gear on the B
    .Converterking
    , yep, I use the spray mister for rocker shafts and con rods, Ray Behner turned me on to this unit, works great.I am starting to use some solid Carbide drills though for the rods, 30 x D, crazy feed rates, through spindle cooolant. Really makes you pucker the fisrt time running a 8mm drill through 40 rc 4340 at 14 ipm(this is off the top of my head ,but i Know its close) no peck straight through about 7 inches deep .
    Manuel Ed, Thanks. How are you liking the new Lathe?

    Here are a few more Picsimg_1250.jpgAttachment 168603Attachment 168604
    Those rods are sweet!!!

  18. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Posts
    3,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    413
    Likes (Received)
    1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpifer3 View Post
    Picture of a deck plate I pulled of the mill yesterday, and a quick fixture I made last week to c bore some connecting rod caps.
    Is that one of those old horizontals/pallet setups where the machine travels between the pallets, or doe the pallets actually move into a central position?

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Dakota
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2278
    Likes (Received)
    90

    Default

    forgive my semi-ignorance, but is this stuff Cummins related? And if so, where does it go? I have a friend who builds go-fast Cummins stuff.

  20. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    5,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7180
    Likes (Received)
    7306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrHook View Post
    forgive my semi-ignorance, but is this stuff Cummins related? And if so, where does it go? I have a friend who builds go-fast Cummins stuff.
    The aluminum rods sure look Cummins spec to me!

  21. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Posts
    3,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    413
    Likes (Received)
    1000

    Default

    The head on the teeter-totter looked like a 6BT to me.

  22. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    237
    Likes (Received)
    204

    Default

    Perry, the pallets are shuttled in and out of the machine. Only been using it a couple of weeks on and off,(been working on it for about a year though) so its still pretty new to me. Can definitely see some potential though. Head is for a JD.
    Wheelie, Been A big fan of your post for a long time, Thanks for all the inspiration. I can really relate to your posts. And your work is all ways Top Notch stuff in my book. That being said, the rods are 6b Cummins , but 4340 at about 40 rc.
    Here is another pic of horizontal and some other rods.
    Thanks for all the comments , Never thought any body would enjoy seeing bad pictures of my junk. Thanks Again.img_1815.jpgimg_0217.jpg

  23. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    5,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7180
    Likes (Received)
    7306

    Default

    Ahh, PH! That explains the niceee finish! Your work looks fantastic!

  24. Likes Philabuster, DrHook liked this post
  25. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    marysville ohio
    Posts
    9,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2643
    Likes (Received)
    6121

    Default

    The finnish on those rods is georges. Do you run them as is or shot peen them like a Carrillo?

  26. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    237
    Likes (Received)
    204

    Default

    Moonlight, They get stress relieved after the machine work and This turns them like a straw color, The finish aint bad, but to be honest I think the picture just turned out really good, Probably makes em look better than they are. Carrillo rods are BEAUTIFUL!!! That nice satin finish.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •