What's new
What's new

Pictures from my shop

cpifer3

Cast Iron
First I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the knowledge I have gained from all of your posts etc. The depth of talent and experience in this trade displayed on this forum always seems to humble me. Ive always enjoyed looking at pictures of other members projects and shops etc., so I thought Id try to Post A few of my shop. Thanks Again for all the help. OK Looks like Im gonna have to do some reading before I can properly post pictures but heres a few I got to load.IMG_0660.jpgIMG_1256.jpgIMG_1769.jpgIMG_0469.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1295.jpg
    IMG_1295.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 2,294
Pic 4 got me awful confused as to why the hell you would mount a 4th axis on a teeter-totter...

Looks great. You pack a lot of capacity into a small space. The German in me approves of the efficiency.

Im in Polk Ohio, trunnion is home made of course ( aint pretty but it works), its full five. A rotates 360 and the B is limited to about 20 dgr. Moonlight, I really admire the work you have posted, great stuff thanks for sharing. Bet centroid doesnt have an adjustable counterbalance, AKA 3 jaw jaw chuck on the tailstock end. Like I said , it aint pretty but it does work.

Im in Polk Ohio, trunnion is home made of course ( aint pretty but it works), its full five. A rotates 360 and the B is limited to about 20 dgr. Moonlight, I really admire the work you have posted, great stuff thanks for sharing. Bet centroid doesnt have an adjustable counterbalance, AKA 3 jaw jaw chuck on the tailstock end. Like I said , it aint pretty but it does work.
Clint,
I don't believe I've ever met a guy like you. I can't even spell CNC, but I'd pit you against the best of the best.
John,
Polk is (as the crow flies) right on the way to my joint from yours.

Ray, the stuff you do on manuals I cant duplicate with the same efficiency on cnc, you are just that good, seriously. Not to mention he Is just one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, always willing to help you out. One of those guys that just makes you say " why the hell didn't I think of that" .
ARB(love that picture with the mountain of AL chips) , The chuck allowed me to smooth out the transition on the B, not that Im moving that fast but it is alot weight hanging out 20 some plus inches off center, I had to slow down the rapid moves on the B in the parameters just to keep from slipping the shaft on the worm gear on the B
.Converterking
, yep, I use the spray mister for rocker shafts and con rods, Ray Behner turned me on to this unit, works great.I am starting to use some solid Carbide drills though for the rods, 30 x D, crazy feed rates, through spindle cooolant. Really makes you pucker the fisrt time running a 8mm drill through 40 rc 4340 at 14 ipm(this is off the top of my head ,but i Know its close) no peck straight through about 7 inches deep .
Manuel Ed, Thanks. How are you liking the new Lathe?

Here are a few more PicsIMG_1250.jpgView attachment 168603View attachment 168604

Attachments

• IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,349
  • IMG_1391.jpg
    IMG_1391.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,280
  • IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,261
  • IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,285
Picture of a deck plate I pulled of the mill yesterday, and a quick fixture I made last week to c bore some connecting rod caps.

Attachments

• SHOP 025.jpg
    SHOP 025.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,044
  • SHOP 021.jpg
    SHOP 021.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,056
Ray, the stuff you do on manuals I cant duplicate with the same efficiency on cnc, you are just that good, seriously. Not to mention he Is just one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, always willing to help you out. One of those guys that just makes you say " why the hell didn't I think of that" .
ARB(love that picture with the mountain of AL chips) , The chuck allowed me to smooth out the transition on the B, not that Im moving that fast but it is alot weight hanging out 20 some plus inches off center, I had to slow down the rapid moves on the B in the parameters just to keep from slipping the shaft on the worm gear on the B
.Converterking
, yep, I use the spray mister for rocker shafts and con rods, Ray Behner turned me on to this unit, works great.I am starting to use some solid Carbide drills though for the rods, 30 x D, crazy feed rates, through spindle cooolant. Really makes you pucker the fisrt time running a 8mm drill through 40 rc 4340 at 14 ipm(this is off the top of my head ,but i Know its close) no peck straight through about 7 inches deep .
Manuel Ed, Thanks. How are you liking the new Lathe?

Here are a few more PicsView attachment 168602View attachment 168603View attachment 168604

Those rods are sweet!!!

forgive my semi-ignorance, but is this stuff Cummins related? And if so, where does it go? I have a friend who builds go-fast Cummins stuff.

Perry, the pallets are shuttled in and out of the machine. Only been using it a couple of weeks on and off,(been working on it for about a year though) so its still pretty new to me. Can definitely see some potential though. Head is for a JD.
Wheelie, Been A big fan of your post for a long time, Thanks for all the inspiration. I can really relate to your posts. And your work is all ways Top Notch stuff in my book. That being said, the rods are 6b Cummins , but 4340 at about 40 rc.
Here is another pic of horizontal and some other rods.
Thanks for all the comments , Never thought any body would enjoy seeing bad pictures of my junk. Thanks Again.IMG_1815.jpgIMG_0217.jpg

Moonlight, They get stress relieved after the machine work and This turns them like a straw color, The finish aint bad, but to be honest I think the picture just turned out really good, Probably makes em look better than they are. Carrillo rods are BEAUTIFUL!!! That nice satin finish.

Back