Pole Barn Machine Shop - Page 24
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Garwood View Post
    We've had some discussions about owning crimpers before on this site and most people don't think it's worth it. I, on the other hand, enjoy the hell out of having one. I think I paid $400 for my Aeroquip universal crimper (program diameter, it crimps it). I don't stock much for fittings, but I do keep hose on hand. Just nice to be able to pull the machine into the shop and make up the hose right there. Or even route the hose and crimp the 2nd end without pulling the hose back out.

Copy that The convenience of making the hoses next to the machine is worth every penny. I buy the fittings when I see a deal and keep 4-6 standard fittings up to 3/4” on hand, all the time. I always keep at least 50’ of hose in various sizes in stock too.

My farmer neighbor looked at me crazy when I wouldn’t fix his pos Chinese hose that had a fitting pop off. All new American hose and fittings or nothing. I’ll never understand some people. They’ll save $50 on a hose but lose 10-15gal of hydraulic fluid out in the field and not think anything of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Pole Barn Machine Shop

I want a hose crimper so badly.

I was going to buy one, as I’ve replaced several hundred feet of hose on this crane. I’ve spent over $2000 just on new hoses

However when I was looking for a crimper, I couldn’t find one for less than $1500. And I have a friend that’s a Parker hose distributor and makes hoses for farmers.

He gives me a decent rate, so I’ve just been having him make hoses for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Matt, it's a shame that you live so far from where I am, because right now I have a crimper with a complete set of dies for $750.00
    There are a few farmers around me that have their own crimpers. Just for the convenience of being able to repair your own equipment when it breaks down is worth the expense.

I have been following your thread for quite some time now and find it interesting with all the diverse vehicles and equipment that you have.

Wishing you good luck and happiness going forward.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by D KIRBY View Post
    Matt, it's a shame that you live so far from where I am, because right now I have a crimper with a complete set of dies for $750.00
    There are a few farmers around me that have their own crimpers. Just for the convenience of being able to repair your own equipment when it breaks down is worth the expense.

I have been following your thread for quite some time now and find it interesting with all the diverse vehicles and equipment that you have.

Wishing you good luck and happiness going forward.

Dave
    What model crimper?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Matt, here is what is available for crimpers.

Goodyear Perm-Crimp PC-125
    Goodyear Perm-Crimp PC-150
    Eaton Aeroquip ET-1280
    Dayco NP-60

All of these crimpers are complete with die sets

There is also a portable crimper which is nice for field repairs
    WeatherHead Portable Coll O Crimp Plus with hand pump and dies

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Those all appear to be crimp to a hard stop machines. Realize there is a significant difference between those and crimpers with infinite range (closed loop, encoder feedback).

If you get a crimp to diameter machine you can crimp anything. You aren't stuck with a certain style of fitting or buying special dies.

Most of the time people selling the fancier type of crimpers have no idea they are special. They think a crimper is a crimper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Garwood View Post
    Those all appear to be crimp to a hard stop machines. Realize there is a significant difference between those and crimpers with infinite range (closed loop, encoder feedback).

If you get a crimp to diameter machine you can crimp anything. You aren't stuck with a certain style of fitting or buying special dies.

Most of the time people selling the fancier type of crimpers have no idea they are special. They think a crimper is a crimper.
    Garwood there is a reason why I come to PM, and that is to be informed on certain topics and methods of machining.
    I listed the crimpers that I have and only 1 has a circuit board.

You must have posted knowing what you are talking about.
    There is nothing fancy about any of these crimpers as you will find any one of them in farm dealers, construction repair shops and any number of Gates hose and fitting providers.

I am sure myself and maybe others would be interested in links or model numbers so as to expand the knowledge base.
    I would really appreciate it if you would take the time to do so.

Matt, I hope you don't feel your thread is being hijacked.
    Dave