Protohawk Machine - Page 10
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

we ended up giving in and using phase I to get the price of the property down. since it was an old metalworking shop back in the day the red tape was written all over the place and the cost of phase II wasn't gonna happen. at the end of the day it more/less means selling the building down the road is not much of an option....some can of worms just ain't worth opening up. but if you can get a good clean bill of health on the cheap that's a different story. being a little south in Milwaukee they just seem more interested in seeing how much they can milk you for before you give up trying.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm using Endpoint Solutions for the engineering, and I have a friend that worked there (actually we worked some of the same projects from different perspectives before we ever knew each other) so they are being super reasonable with the pricing and expediting things. It is a very small project for them which actually helps them expedite it.

I'm trying to not beat up the sellers on price too much. The stark reality is there are dozens of guys in this area that would pay cash for this building in an instant just as seasonal storage for their cars and motorcycles and not worry about the environmental. This is their old man's property and he passed last year IIRC. My realtor is trying to be much more aggressive but I would rather pay more for exactly what I need than haggle to the point where there is bad blood and then I need a concession from them... (like the extension on the financing contingency for environmental?!?).

Things are really slow right now (turns out authoritarian government intervention in markets makes people less comfortable spending discretionary income... hmmm that must be one of those "unintended consequences." Hayek is spinning in his grave.). I'm selling about 75-80% of what I need to in order to make all the bills. I can float through this for some time but I'd prefer to see account balances going UP not down. I have to get the small hand tools into production. I really want to avoid taking on job shop work until after I've got these processes dialed in and have some product on the shelf ready to ship.

Dropping off some parts at the anodizer today. We'll see what the lot charge is for two pieces LOL.

3. Likes pianoman8t8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Finsta View Post

Dropping off some parts at the anodizer today. We'll see what the lot charge is for two pieces LOL.
    If you can put up with a 2-3 day turn around ship it to our shop in Ohio Minimum lot charge is 65.00 PM me if you are interested.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kinda cool product for an old engine - Ford Flathead 24-bolt. Playing around with a NAMpower brush for the tops of the plates - might go back to hand scotchbrite butb we'll see.

The kitchen is currently the shipping department...

Building a fixture for a project... have needed to make some phone calls to some real machinists for this one.

Also, Sandvik rep stopped by today to drop off some inserts for a boring head I got off eBay. It never ceases to amaze me how folks in this industry treat even the smallest shops like a potential major customer...