What's new
What's new

Prototypeshop

www.technika.nu

Aluminum
Hi

Here is some of my prototypshop.
I am mainly making firearmssolutions, for things arround the gun.
Technika

Värnamo Milling Machine with Heidenhain 155
img48b063a4f0dd7.jpg

Aciera F3 Milling Macine
img48b0640926774.jpg

Abene Milling Machine.
This one is likely soon to be sold as I find it a bit to big for my use.
img48b065257c9ac.jpg

Storebro Lathe from the late sexties.
img48b0618d7583f.jpg

Schaublin 102 VM lathe.
Made Early fifties.
img48b06281b322d.jpg

Thörn Toolgrindingmachine.
Highly usefull as I am making lots of stickels and other speical tooling for my own use.
img48b0617a1b22f.jpg

Aciera 10T Drilling Machine
img48b064de751a2.jpg

Mössner Record Saw.
img48b062d831f34.jpg

Here is some pictures from some gunwork, this is not prototypework, just ordinary gunwork.
img48b06148dbe3a.jpg

BRNO action gets trued.

Barrel gets Threaded
img48b06537977eb.jpg

Nice shop:drool5:! You've got it all.

I work in a R&D shop and I wish I had half your equipment. I especially like the drill presses. On a CNC mill without a tool changer, I often just pilot drill all the holes with the smallest drill the part needs and open the rest up on the drill press. It sure would be nice to be able to have six set up.

Actually I really like the European mills and lathes but until I win the lottery I can only dream.:o

Jon

I also do prototype work and I like your shop very much. Please forgive me for asking something so simple but I would love to know what kind of oiler that is on your drill table. I have never seen one of that design and I like it very much. I will have to make one for myself if they are no longer avialable.

There is a very nice little tilting table with a chuck mounted on it on the end of the table. Did you make that or is it something that is available? Also, what is the brand of DRO you have on your machines, I have never seen one with a yellow surround.

I like the rest of your equipment, especially the steady rest on your grinder. Very interesting and thank you for sharing.

Charles

I don't know the name of the oiler, but it's surely 50 years old or more.
The tiltingtable/dividing head is also old, But i have seen similars for sale new.
All of my equipment is bougth second hand, and we do have a webpage here in Sweden for secod hand sales where everything from cars to machines or guns are sold and it's where i have bought mostly of it.
I do also have some more machinery and there is soon more pictures.

Here is some pictures from my previous work as a gunsmith.
But those days are now over and I am consentrating on prototypes and new stuff.

img48b115a2dc258.jpg

S&W K38 converted with new octagon barrel in .32 and Bowen sight installed on the top strap.

img48b1169f78a4c.jpg

12" barrel on Ruger in .357.
Rib and frontsight is made one piece with the barrel, and the sight mount is Recknagel swing mounts.

img48b11636626cb.jpg

img48b116444045f.jpg

img48b1165308283.jpg

10,5" barrel on Luger, semi octagon.
With special gasport under barrel to aid the cyceling of the gun.
The "recoilenlarger" is puching on a tang welded on to the frame.

img48b116275b101.jpg

Bomar sigth sparked down into the slide.

img48b116c119855.jpg

S&W 686 with new barrel and topstrap reworked wth Bomar insert in.

Some more pistolwork.

SIG P210
Have got Bomars installed, beavertail welded up, cracks behind the gripplates welded up and milled.
img48b116622a964.jpg

1911 work........
img48b115b3510a5.jpg

img48b115daefcea.jpg

S&W K38
img48b1166f9fcb8.jpg

The barrel from a S&W m65 that I rebarreled with a one piece barrel with integral ramp and underlug.
img48b1167e3b874.jpg

Nice shop and nice work. How were the gothic inscriptions made, did you etch them with acid ?
Its also a nice grinder. Did you make the steadyrest yourself ?

The inscriptions are photoetched but with electrity and weak acid.

The Steadyrest is homemade and I also did one for the lathe, so octagonbarrels or actions could be turned.
The grindingmachine steadyrest is with Bronze bearings, and the lathe with roller bearings.

Technika

Here are some current work from my shop.

First some of my ideas of the ideal scopemount...
smsm04.jpg

smsm07.jpg

smsm03.jpg

My Grendade launcher sight.
grk05.jpg

Dual google mount
nvg08.jpg

Regards Technika

Well done!

Great machine shop and beautiful gun craftsmanship. The photos are awesome! Did you take the photos also?

Thanks for sharing.
Benny
In middle Tennessee, USA

wow i have a bad case of tool envy here :drool5:

i really like the Abene mill, the bank of drills and the clean Storebro lathe :drool5: i can tell you sure the Schaublin more :D

im with charles that is one strange looking oil can, id be very interested if you posted a closer image :D

great tools and great work, thank you for posting what you do :cheers:

Yes I take the photos myself.
I am a lousy photographer but I have managed to have a small studio with some fairly pleasant light so the photos gets decent anyhow......

Technika

I have some friends in Karlskrona, and they have been asking me to visit...I've never been, and I wish I could.

Thanks for sharing the photos! your work is interesting, and stunning to a rank ameteur like myself.

That photo of the .45 ACP in gothic script...Did you engrave that? If so, how did you get that marvelous texture? It stands out really well against the polished surface...Or did you punch it and lap off the displacement?

tack så mycket!

Say Technika -- are you doing the bluing work yourself, or farming it out? It's gorgeous. Really has a certain snap and pop to it that's brilliant.

The engraving is done with a very weak acid, it's very simple but fairly time consuming and it's easy to do a mistake.

The Bluing is done by ourself, not that difficult.
When it comes to the Lugers so the takedown lever, extractor and safety are colored in a furnace and not in a bluing tank.

Technika

prototype shop

I tried to pm a message to you but it may have not gotten through.

I noticed that you have a few of the easson dro's on your machines..... and I'm trying to decide between the easson and the newall. What your input ?

thanks and great shop---

Markus

Fantastic

Of course the photography surpasses all....Hasselblad (Probably)...Mamiya RZ67 Professional Pro II (Probably not)...Calumet 4X5 (Possibly)....Sinar 4X5, Toyo 4X5, Deardoff 4X5 or 8X10 (Probably)....Leica (Possibly).....OK...OK....I give up

What's the camera?

Back