What's new
What's new

sacia shaper

shaperfan

Plastic
Hi everyone, I just wondering if anyone has one of these shapers, Ive had it for a few months and its great fun ( like driving a steam locomotive )it has a 550mm ( around 22inch ) stroke with tilting cube and down feed.
however there is something missing from the side of the ram, I believe it may be a tool retractor but I cant find any pictures on the net.seems to be some kind of inertia arrangement that runs on a hardened plate screwed to the top of the column. any help would be much appreciated.
shaperfan
by the way I forgot to mention it is a spanish made machine which has been re-branded "atlas"

sportsmansknife004.jpg

Hi luthor. I actually found it on ebay (of all places )it was in storage at a factory in Bayswater, it is a little bigger than I needed but was too good to leave ( it was quite an experience dragging it 100 miles home behind my falcon ute )
the inspection door has a small name plate which reads "Atlas Engineering & Machinery Co, 300 Batman St West Melbourne". after some investigation on the internet and a few clues on the machine itself ( the motor was Spanish made and even the bolt heads are stamped Sacia )I have decided it is a Spanish product.
I dont suppose yours has some kind of tool retractor fitted ? I have no idea what it would look like and the only pics I can find show the other side of the machine.
as for the shed, I had it built by a local shed builder but I dont know where he sourced it from, I just wish I had made it bigger, there is so much junk in there now I can hardly move.

Dear Shaperfan;

I too have the disease...love them shapers!...am just now in the process of acquiring an Alba 4S (18")...bit smaller than yours. Trading off my teeny Atlas 7B, cute, but just a toy. A great idea bolting on an angle-iron tool tray on the little-used side of table...I'll do the same. I can't wait to get started on the restoration, tho I am told mine is in fine condition...will see it next week. Unfortunately, minus the vise...will have to improvise something suitable. Good luck with yours...enjoy!

Hi!
I have the same shaper and can take some picture if...
But, do you know What kind of oil is recomended this machine?
Mvh Asbjørn Roe

Back