What's new
What's new

San Diego, California sheet metal fabrication shop.

Hope you guys don't mind having a look at a SoCal sheet metal shop. Been here for about a year and a half. These are the punches i learned on through trial and error. Thers also a break machine but i dont know how to operate that one, plan on asking the operator to show me. Seems a little more complex than learning to operate a turret imo. Dont know why but the light brown colored CNC punch is a better machine in my opinion and its older than the rest. I wonder if turret punches built in the early '90s had a better built quality to them because i experienced very few mechanical malfuctions.Thanks for your time everyone! :)

Attachments

• CAM00220.jpg
    CAM00220.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,011
  • CAM00224.jpg
    CAM00224.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,551
  • CAM00229 (1).jpg
    CAM00229 (1).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 993
  • CAM00227.jpg
    CAM00227.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 2,280
  • CAM00235.jpg
    CAM00235.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
The older strippit is mechanical, the newer one is hydraulic. Those old strippits are rugged and easy to work on.

Dukerc51,

Youre right about being easier to work on, user friendly. Seems to operate at a slower feedrate compared to that newer strippit punch. As of now, that older strippit is out of service (needs ram seal and bearing). Newer strippit punch machines seem to more prone to error codes imp.

Where abouts are you? Near el cajon? Nice setup.
B

We're located near chula vista, san diego.
Thanks, we try to keep a clean shop. Nice to know where doing ok by other peoples standards. We only do in-house jobs now so its been easier keeping it clean.
Started my CNC punch press career at this shop, been here for about a year and a half.
Training on these machines has led me to sacrifice a few things. Forgot to lock strpper plate on a 3-1/2in punch so it came off while in use, loud bang. Set a punch at 0° and the die at 90° and broke it, not a good feeling(.063x.500RT). Forgot to tighten the set screw that binds the Csk' nipple to punch body, while punching it managed to perform 3 hits and on the 4th it popped out causing the body to smash the.Csk That was a real loud noise and it locked the ram down. Even saw some spark. Of course, the usual blank crashing in turret causing it to warp my sheet metal.

Last edited:

Back