What's new
What's new

Shop stuff!

manualmachinist

Stainless
Here are a couple of pictures of a bearing end bell from a 60 HP electric motor that I repaired the bearing fit and machined for a current diverter ring to ground the rotor while isolating the bearings from the current.

DSC00478.jpgDSC00481.jpgDSC00483.jpgDSC00485.jpg

Thanks Charles,

I'm an old school manual guy and I bit off alot to learn Gcode and CAD/CAM along with continuing to still do everthing that comes through my one man shop.
I'm learning but I'm still pretty gun shy with the new one yet.:scratchchin:

Here is a couple more from today. This is a bezel for some pump flow meters. Since this is an installation that will be here permanently our instrumentation guys like-em to look good, note the beveled edges!
:D
This is also covering an old hole in the enclosure.
DSC00592.jpgDSC00594.jpg

I have some stainless steel drive hubs to make that provide over torque protection for our clarifier tank skimming chains. After having our planner tell me the quantity they required I ordered the material. 7 ½” solid round and had the supplier saw them with machining allowances.
It is a good thing that there was some extra material from the mill drop. When I had a millwright go and take a physical count and how many of each of the four different bore sizes. It turns out that we need 2 more than the planner told me. I set up the piece in the engine lathe and parted most of the way before taking them to the band saw. 500SFM @ .007 feed :cheers:
Now I have ends that are square to the OD to chuck on.
Here is what it looked like in the lathe
DSC00601.jpgDSC00602.jpg

Here is a shot of the guard I put on the engine lathe after moving it to make room for the HAAS TL-3. the guard hangs on the back and moves with the carriage, and one showing my new shop built LED lights mounted on my DRO, and drive enclosure.

DSC00596.jpgDSC00599.jpg

Thanks Charles,

I'm an old school manual guy and I bit off alot to learn Gcode and CAD/CAM along with continuing to still do everthing that comes through my one man shop.
I'm learning but I'm still pretty gun shy with the new one yet.:scratchchin:

If I have a thread to doo, I may make the rest of the part in the engine lathe, but I will try to get it into a CNC to single point the threads if at all possible.

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

If I have a thread to doo, I may make the rest of the part in the engine lathe, but I will try to get it into a CNC to single point the threads if at all possible.

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I'm getting there, I got the job to do 20 more of those fittings. I'll be doing these in the Haas for sure.

Back