What's new

Well, this is going up like a lead balloon

• Thread starter D. Thomas
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 3,258
D

D. Thomas

Look, if I have to come sneak into your shops with a camera, your gonna regret it...

Might take a little time.
So many shy people around. How about your shop Don? :)

Before too long, I'll get around to getting mine in here (when you can see the floor again).

Sean

As soon as I get a computer guy over to explain how to get a pic on here I will post some. I appreciate the efforts of the forum trying to explain how to do this, but still do not understand, and truley admire those that are able to do this.

weed, photos have to be "on the web" somewhere first....most folks have free web space with their ISP that they can store images on. Alternatively you can upload to www.metalworking.com dropbox. Then post the file address here as per instructions at bottom of the PM main page on posting images.

Well, It seems that you're talking about sending pics, but i'll be the first to do so guys (despite my total ignorance of the net thing...)

Let's begin the tour folks :
NGUYEN_SHOP_VIEW_1.JPG

NGUYEN_SHOP_VIEW_2.JPG

NGUYEN_SHOP_VIEW_3.JPG

NGUYEN_SHOP_VIEW_4.JPG

NGUYEN_SHOP_MILLS.JPG

NGUYEN_CROUZET_1.JPG

NGUYEN_SHOP_ERNAULT.JPG

NGUYEN_SHOP_SCHAFFNER.JPG

If someone's interested, I may give further infos or tech datas about these machines and ther other equipment I own.
Just E-mail me...

[This message has been edited by T. NGUYEN BINH (edited 08-27-2002).]

Nice shop photos, but I have a request. Seems to me this particualar forum would be better as a sort of archive of members shops (and their faces hopefully), so it would be better for each person to post their shop photo in a seperate topic. As it is now both sets of photos are hidden under "going up like a lead ballon" topic. Could you create a new topic and repost your photos ? I can then delete the current posts.

(I can transfer and create a new topic for these for you, but it would have 'Admin5' listed as the topic poster name, and it would be infinitely better to have your names attached to your topics)

[This message has been edited by Admin5 (edited 08-27-2002).]

OLE
Im' sure you can don much better and show us these cast-iron marvels you hide in your shop...

TNB:

I am mostly intreaged (spelling?) by your building! Are you "underground"? Aftermath of the war maybe? Heating and cooling gotta be dandy!

TNB:

I am mostly intreaged (spelling?) by your building! Are you "underground"? Aftermath of the war maybe? Heating and cooling gotta be dandy!

ALL:
Ok, here are some more pics of my things and house. Shop is on ground floor inside of carport.
oles10ee1.jpg

oles10ee5.jpg

Oles%20Macmon%20M100.jpg

Oles%20Elite%20grinder.jpg

Oles%20Arboga%20drill.jpg

oleshus4.jpg

The mill is a Macmon M100, a swiss FP1 clone. It is made in -74 and i have collected a pretty good set of tooling. I have a dividing head, slotting head, but not the tilting table.

The grinder is an Elite spanish made universal tool grinder, adapted to do cylindrical and surface grinding.

The Arboga geared head drill press is just 3 years old, a very lucky auction buy.

I built my house 5 years ago, it is situated on an island 5 Km south of the city canter of Oslo.

I am only doing metalworking as an hobby, I have my dayjob in a hospital. I am a psychiatrist, but currently in training to become a neurosurgeon (no lobotomy jokes, please).

Admin5:
Sorry, I noticed a little too late that you suggested posting under separate topics. I have reposted, you may remove my post at your discretion.

T. Nguyen Binh,

I see you have all sorts of interesting machinery, how about writing a few lines description of each one? Thanks.
Whats it like buying machinery in France? I imagine there is lots of very nice stuff to be had?

Back