Where Oldwrench slaves away - Page 11
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's awesome, I bet that's a pretty cool project to work on and it shows your products are #1. Congrats!

The Hyundai E and L's are 2 quite different frames/size indeed, E I guess is their newer tiny "economy" model. L's will surely be quite a bit more robust though.

2. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you very much, but the really awesome part is having employees talented and motivated enough to count on, now that I no longer work on the floor. For example, women using pry bars and the next minute asking the installer to please verify the USB connection. I'm now several years past normal retirement age, but because of the people I work with, it is proving (so far, at least) to be the Golden Years.

On the machine spec, I just wasn't paying attention. Our E is a very compact machine ("tiny" is a good description) that would eat 1.5Ø and smaller bar stock alive, and that's what I intended to use these for. However, the Z travel would have been used right to the max for drilling the parts and clearing the tailstock. While theoretically perfect from an efficiency standpoint, everybody here has encountered the problem of lacking a quarter-inch clearance here or there and having to modify a tool (or the machine). Somebody asked me, what if they discontinued the length of this solid carbide drill and we had to use a longer one? I now think my dumbass error will turn out to have been in the right direction.

4. Likes Ox, Mud, sfriedberg liked this post