What's new
What's new

B&S Microval 343 with Tesa Control

Rick Finsta

Stainless
I have the ability to pick up a well-maintained Manual CMM with a Tesa Reflex controller. Looks to be the first version with only PCMCIA card capability.

It has had calibration maintained and some air lines replaced. Has the head that can be tilted.

Is this thing worth $2200? I'm very scared I'll pay for the thing, pay for the move and recommissioning, and then have the controller go out with no support available. It would be very nice to have for a job I've got coming up where I was going to have to pay for outside CMM inspection.

Thanks for the feedback! The panel on eBay that I've seen is for the "multi-gage" which is basically a Faro Arm. I also found other retrofitted units of the same era for around $15-18k so it may not be too bad to retrofit later.

I'm just a bit sore after spending all the time and money on an older FANUC. I just don't see CMMs come up locally very often.

Anyone else have experience?

Well one of these that took shipping damage just came up for sale locally with a working controller. So looks like I am going to buy the machine plus the spare controller and I should be good to go for my needs. Gotta wait a few weeks and see if they are both still around.

Back