What's new
What's new

B&S TESA-HITE Height gauges anyone using one?

Edster

Diamond
I'm looking at a Brown and Sharp TESA-HITE Magna 400 electronic height gage or possibly the TESA-HITE PLUS M 400. Anyone using one care to post your likes / dislikes about these gages.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

I used one years ago at another shop I worked at. I don't remember the exact model number, though.

Most of our tolerances were the "typical" +/- .005, and I do remember the accuracy being more than adequate. I know I was happy with the repeatability as well, but as I said, it was years ago, sorry I can't be more specific.

What I loved the most about it was that since we had no CMM, there were functions that it could perform that helped to fill that void.

You have information to contribute?

Please share it with the entire group. That's the whole reason for the forum.

Thanks.

- Leigh

Okay, so how do I post a very large PDF file of the manual and if I do wouldn't I be infringing on copyrights or something to that effect as noted in the 'sticky' areas at the head of this topic??

Okay, so how do I post a very large PDF file of the manual and if I do wouldn't I be infringing on copyrights or something to that effect as noted in the 'sticky' areas at the head of this topic??
Post a link to it, as plainly stated in the copyright policy.

- Leigh

Post a link to it, as plainly stated in the copyright policy.

- Leigh

It is a stand-alone file on my hard drive. I'm almost beginning to feel as though I shouldn't have bothered trying to help a fellow out.
I sent him a PM not to be sneaky but to get his email address to simply send him the file.
Sorry.

It is a stand-alone file on my hard drive. I sent him a PM not to be sneaky but to get his email address to simply send him the file.
That's fine. I have no problem with such exchanges. Nice of you to offer.

The copyright policy is really directed at shorter items. It came about because someone posted a current newspaper column verbatim, and that's a real no-no. It was from the NY Times or the WS Journal or some such entity that quite forcefully protects their copyright interests.

Thanks.

- Leigh

Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up purchasing a demo TESA hite Magna 400. Got a great deal on it so I couldn't pass it up. I plan to use it for measuring tool lengths for one of my vmc's as well as measuring parts.

I'll let everyone know how it works after I figure out how to use it :)

Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up purchasing a demo TESA hite Magna 400. Got a great deal on it so I couldn't pass it up. I plan to use it for measuring tool lengths for one of my vmc's as well as measuring parts.

I'll let everyone know how it works after I figure out how to use it :)

Private message me your email address and I'll send to a PDF of the manual or the manual of a unit very close to the Magna.

The tesa works great. I ended up trading off the machine I was going to use the tesa to measure tools for so I dont use it as much as I would like. It's definatly nice to have around though.

I use an older B&S Micro-hite that works very well. Sort of fills the void between height gage and CMM when something needs to be more accurate than a standard height gage but you don't want to take up time on the CMM. Ours has an analog dial on it which is very useful finding the high points on surfaces/etc. Overall it's a pleasure to use and I'm happy with it, but I did not pay for it.

Just want to say your post is awesome. The clarity in your post is simply spectacular and i can assume you are an expert on this field.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Estetik

Just wanted to update the thread. When I bought the Tesa I planned to use it to measure tool lenghts for a 50 taper VMC I had. I traded the VMC when I bought my Horizontal and never actually used the Tesa to measure tools. I ended up parking it in a safe spot on my office desk. I used it a couple times but because it was a pain to move it to the surface plate and set it up I seldom used it. A few weeks ago I decided to dedicate a spot on the surface plate for the Tesa. I've been playing with it for the past few weeks figuring out all it's capabilities and I have to say this thing is awesome! It can measure the diameter of a hole by finding the high and low spot, and can calculate the distance between the centers of two holes all in seconds and without any math. I knew the Tesa could do this from reading the spec sheet but it didn't really hit home until I figured out how to do it and how quick and easy it is. It can also measure slots and the usual stuff you measure with height gages and it's good to a couple tenths! I can check how flat a part is very quickly by taking multiple measurements across the part. I'm kicking my self for letting this sit relatively unused on my desk for so long.

Anybody have anything to measure send it my way, I think I measured everything in the shop at least once already! :D

The more you use it, the more you will like it. I have 4 motorized height gages in the shop (3 Sylvac and 1 Trimos Vectra). 2 in the grinding room, 1 in EDM and 1 in inspection. Everyone uses them and gets exactly the same accurate results. It's like a 1 axis CMM that's really easy to use. You will need to make / buy a few stylus for it to measure depths (don't need anything fancy, an ejector pin ground to a point clamped into the arm works fine). Our latest one can also measure square ness which is a nice feature.

I was given a B&S Tesa 600 micro Hite gauge. However, it did not come with all the accessories. Can someone who has a similar height gauge tell me if the standard calibration gauge used for initial calibration of the height Guage is a critical component or something that can be worked around? If this can be worked around what is needed to make this happen?
Does anyone have a manual for the micro-hite 600?
Thank you in advance.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Back