Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James_Masterson View Post
    critical component or something that can be worked around?
    yes...there is a cheater method.

We have a couple of older B&S/Tesa Hite Gages in our QC lab. the calibration standard consists a cylinder, as if the top third was sliced clean through and rotated so it was offset. (I'll try and add a photo) In our case, we hit F2 on our control pad...bounce the ball probe once on top of the bottom section, then twice underneath the top section and then once more on the bottom section. And that tells the hite gage what diamter the ball is.

if someone swipes the standard for some reason to use in another area of the shop where we have a Starrett height gage, I have just taken two gage blocks and wrung them together and then offset one slightly. Works the same. bounce the probe on top surfae of the bottom one, twice underneath the top one, and once again on the bottom. 1-2-3 blocks even work if that's what is within arms reach for me. In either case with either the gage blocks or 1-2-3 blocks, just keep a firm hand on blocks when they are stacked so they don't yield when bouncing the probe off the underside of the block on top.

Not sure if the newer models calibrate the same way..but if they still operate on the same principles it still might work.
    img_20190517_114502811.jpg
    Last edited by qc_tech; 05-17-2019 at 08:36 PM. Reason: add photo

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, the same principal is still used to calibrate your probe. We have one for each of our height gages, newest one is just a few months old. img_20190520_142454549.jpg

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Perfect! Thank you for the reply on an old thread guys. You wouldn't happen to have a manual would you? I'm not exactly sure which model or the age of the gauge. I will include a picture as that may help determine the model/age as it seems they have changed colors at some point. Thanks again brothers.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Rhode Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hello James, I have attached the manual

Quote Originally Posted by James_Masterson View Post
    I was given a B&S Tesa 600 micro Hite gauge. However, it did not come with all the accessories. Can someone who has a similar height gauge tell me if the standard calibration gauge used for initial calibration of the height Guage is a critical component or something that can be worked around? If this can be worked around what is needed to make this happen?
    Does anyone have a manual for the micro-hite 600?
    Thank you in advance.
    Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    James,
    As long as the accuracy of your work around setting master is w/in 0.000020" it should accept it. You will have to enter the size that you use in the config screen.It is probably set for 0.2500 You can use rung gage blocks. I can't attach the user manual.Too big.
    If you go to tesatechnology.com you should be able to download it.
    Best Regards
    Doug

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dbdion3 View Post
    James,
    As long as the accuracy of your work around setting master is w/in 0.000020" it should accept it. You will have to enter the size that you use in the config screen.It is probably set for 0.2500 You can use rung gage blocks. I can't attach the user manual.Too big.
    If you go to tesatechnology.com you should be able to download it.
    Best Regards
    Doug

? for one of these? Just a param wanting 5 decimals, or...?