What's new
What's new

broken 2" dial indicator

Joe Henderson

Aluminum
I have acquired a Kurt 2" dial indicator that's top tube is missing and the spring is messed up. Otherwise the indicator looks to be in decent shape. I can't find anyone that will attempt to fix it. Kurt is no help. The only other identification on it is the numbers 1820 in the side of the dial.

I hate to trash it but I may have to if I can't find anyone able to fix it.

Does anyone know where I can at least find out who made it? It doesn't say china anywhere on it just the Kurt badge.

Thanks, no I haven't but I will. I checked with calibration Specialties in Irving. That's where I have done business before but they don't seem to want to mess with it. I guess Kurt had these made by someone so there should be some parts source somewhere.

It might indeed be cheaper to just buy a new one. Long island's website does not mention Kurt in any way. Since I can't figure out just who made it there's no use to send it in for an evaluation. They do not work on oriental stuff and I'm afraid it's looking it might be just that. They do give a estimated price of $150 I think for fixing a Mitutoyo.

I thought the Kurt indicators were lower end imports with their badge stuck on? if so, not worth fixing unless you want to have a go at it yourself. Cripes, $150 US and a mitutoyo isn't worth fixing, good used ones are 1/3 of that

Back