What's new
What's new

Brown & Sharpe Microval PFX 454 / Sharpe 32 Terminal

tom-m2

Plastic
Hi,
maybe someone knows how to.

A B&S CMM which came with TUTOR FOR WINDOWS on a (today) old 486 Computer has a kind of service and troubleshooting prog that is simply a Terminal protcol. Windows 3.11 standard programm TERMINAL is used to comunicate with the controller. Sending commands gives replies from the controller, reporting the status and error codes.
Hardware communication is done via the RS232 COM port.
Due to the fact that 'Terminal' in that specific version isn't supplied with Windows any more since ages, I'd like to know how to use alternatives.
I guessed it shouldn't be that complicate to use similar terminal emulators, but it seem to be.
I.e. when using KERMIT I only, if, get one reply about the status. From then on there aren't any replies to any command.
When directly swaping the COM cable to the old PC it replies right away. So it does not seem to be the controller who is the problem, it's the terminal emulator.
So all those who work with and service this CMM controllers, which terminal emulator do you use and what special settings have to be applied to get it working?
Looking forward to learn more.

Back