What's new
What's new

bubble software

hotbluechips

Aluminum
what software are you using to make bubble drawings and Inspection reports ?
trying inspection xpert now.
not impressed.
next we are going to try HighQa, see how it performs.
just curious about what's out there being used.

Wow, a hundred views and No Response.
Am I speaking another language ?
Or is this the wrong forum for this question ?

I asked this question a while back and got no responses. I don't think most people have a clue what's involved in generating an AS9102.
I've talked with QA guys using most of the available packages, and the best I could get was, "Well, it sort of works".

I'm planning on going with HighQa. Their demo was quite impressive and it looks like they really thought things through.

we are on a trial version of inspectionxpert now.
Really having trouble reading the full dimension, frustrating.
HighQa did have a good demo.
No price on website that I saw.
InspectionXpert is 1500.00 for basic, 2800.00 for cmm support.
I have 2 weeks to try and make it work for us.

If you mean the balloons, all CAD software, like Solidworks for example, has this capability when generating or making a drawing. For PDF one can use, or create, a stamp or use the markup tool. One can as well use Adobe Illustrator with CADtools plugin. Or use a circle temple and a pencil on the paper drawing:)

If you mean the balloons, all CAD software, like Solidworks for example, has this capability when generating or making a drawing. For PDF one can use, or create, a stamp or use the markup tool. One can as well use Adobe Illustrator with CADtools plugin. Or use a circle temple and a pencil on the paper drawing:)

He is talking about a balloon drawing for inspection. Yes, most cad software can create a bubble/balloon to id a feature/dim, but not quite the same thing (trust me I've tried!). Believe it or not, there are specs out there for how the balloons are used, some software I think can do this automatically, although maybe that is a user parameter?

To the OP, if I remember the name of what we used I will update. It was able to create balloons somewhat automatically and tie some inspection features to it IIRC.

I've been looking at demos and considering the High QA software as well. Might be kind of pricey if all you are looking for is a bubbling software, but the bubbling, inspection data management and feature recognition from High QA appears to be top notch

Currently the company I work for uses Foxit reader to manually bubble a print by creating a circle with text inside, then Ctrl+Click+Drag to copy and populate the print. Then type in corresponding numbers to the text boxes. (100 dimension print takes approx. 30 mins) Might be an option for you, but definitely not as fast as using inspection expert/highQA.

Back