What's new
What's new

Caliper question-need response ASAP please

milehighxr

Aluminum
I just bought a pair of 12" Bestool-Kanon model EM-3002 serial NH3343 if I am reading the serial number right, calipers from the pawn shop today. They are in good shape, no light passing between the anvils, but the display blinks all the time. Is this normal for this brand, or is this an indication of a failure, impending, or current? I don't have any gage pins handy to check the accuracy, and have only 24hrs to return them if they are in deed NFG. Any help is appreciated. I need a response asap, TIA.

That's what I'm hoping for. I took the battery out and stuck it in a fowler depth mic and it does not blink. Gotta buy batteries anyhow.

Maybe this will help...KANON Torque Tools & Calipers

I have one of their 36" vernier caliper. Good quality.
A new battery usually fixes the blinking display. Does that model have absolute "zero"? If so it may need to be reset. Some of those digital calipers will have a reset button on the back, and accessed thru a small hole with the end of a paperclip.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

I just bought a pair of 12" Bestool-Kanon model EM-3002 serial NH3343 if I am reading the serial number right, calipers from the pawn shop today. They are in good shape, no light passing between the anvils, but the display blinks all the time. Is this normal for this brand, or is this an indication of a failure, impending, or current? I don't have any gage pins handy to check the accuracy, and have only 24hrs to return them if they are in deed NFG. Any help is appreciated. I need a response asap, TIA.

Probably a good brand but why from a pawn shop?

Probably a good brand but why from a pawn shop?
Remember, Gordon...
Here in the US, in most cases tools including measurement tools are owned by the machinists, not by the companies.

It's quite common to find good measuring tools in pawn shops, and of course junk measuring tools. The buyer must be careful.

- Leigh

Back